NEGATIVE FEEDBACK TO Mr. Steve Smith KB1IST

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
CT1EPC

Post by CT1EPC »

My name Is Joao Marques CT1EPC in the 19 August 2004 i buy a Dentron MT-3000a to Mr. Steve Smith KB1IST (Classified nº 426354) and also i pay the shipping costs by USPS AIRMAIL to my country. Until today i did not receive anything !! Any number of the package, the adress of the post office station, telephone, nothing i have to complaint from the lost package?!?!?! ...
After many emails nothing was done from the seller to help... they only say that the package was delivered but they are not shure what was the way they send it , airmail, surface ... sorry, sorry, sorry, nothing more... :-(

Joao Marques
CT1EPC
João Paulo Guerreiro Marques
kb1ist

Post by kb1ist »

i would like to tell my side of the story if i may i listed the tuner as that i would only ship in the usa he ask me if i would ship to his country i told him i dident really want to because i heard it was a pain in the a?? to deal with customs and all the paper work but he was going to pay me for my trouble and he did i have no problems with him but i never shipped out of the country. any how i went to the post office did what i had to do and shipped it 2 mounths latter he say he never got it i called the post office they said it was deliverd i dont no what else to say i have bought and sold alot on qth and ebay and i have had no neg feedback ever oh and befor i shipped it he told me to put it in a nasty looking box not a new one also not to insure it and there were a couple of more things he dident want there customs to think it was worth anything because things windup missing and never seen again that is the truth thanx again steve smith
WR0T-1

Shipping out of the USA

Post by WR0T-1 »

I never ever had a out of the country deal work right. The gear always seems to get lost and you have a PO'd cusomer.

All in all, it is just not worth the stress and international hard feeling.
:evil: :evil: :evil:
CT1EPC

Post by CT1EPC »

Before i write the post i've emailed Mr. Smith telling that i must write a negative feedback about this deal ! ! That's the way he awnser so fast but they put words that i never said or wrote on the reply...thinking that will help him to seems a good person ( I have all the emails between us saved, need i to put it here ?!?! )
TO THE FACTS !!!
The classified did not tell "NOT SHIPP OUTSIDE OF U.S." but even if it did the seller accept the deal and receive the money for the tuner and for the shipping costs!
I wait 1 month (not 2 months) and reply that i did not receive anything !!!
I wait a year to write a feedback to be sure that i was not doing something bad.
Mr. Steve Smith says that he never had a negative feedback ???? Maybe i can't see very well ... but eBAY says KB1IST in the last 6 mounths 1 negative, 7 positives and in 12 mounths 2 negatives, 1 neutral, 18 positives...

Joao Marques
CT1EPC
kb1ist

Post by kb1ist »

oh he emailed me befor he listed the neg alright or should i say held a gun to my head give me my money back or ill post neg feedback im not going to be the bad guy here i got the money i shiped it as per requested by him thats all i can say as for my ebay there is not one neg for anything i sold on ebay an thats all im gonna say about it, i will not be listing anymore replys to what every else he has to say thanx 73s
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

He's right... all 3 negatives are for his BUYING not SELLING:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... rid=kb1ist

kb1ist: You must be able to provide something other than "the post office said it was delivered." ??? How do they know it was delivered?

My understanding is that USPS does not offer any sort of delivery confirmation for deliveries outside of USA or NA. For this reason alone, I would never use them for anything of value, if they can not show delivery confirmation. That was a bad choice on both of your parts, to not arrange a delivery method that would show delivery and/or tracking number.

If I'm wrong... someone please correct me here. I have not had the need to ship outside the country before, at least nothing of value.

- Scott
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads: https://swap.QTH.com
WR0T-1

Selling Outside Of The USA

Post by WR0T-1 »

Scott is correct, when you buy or ship outside the US, you are "on your own".

No delivery confitmation or anything........

Based on problems that I have had in the past, I just won't do it.......
kb1ist

Post by kb1ist »

it was not my choice it was his to use the post office i cant remember why because IT WAS OVER A YEAR AGO!!! and to be honest i use fedx as much as i can because i have a buddy that works there and i get everything ship at a cheeper rate. every email i sent him i told him i was sorry he dident recieve it but i really couldent do anything about it the post office said it was shipped and as far as the new it has been delivered again very sorry steve oh and something should be done about this negitive feedback stuff befor it gets listed i have no grips about qth its the best thing us hams have going just think we all could be buying on ebay wouldent that be fun scott your doing a great job but i think all the facts should be in befor someone can leave neg feedback 73s kb1ist
CT1EPC

Post by CT1EPC »

I never tell that i want the money back !!! This is not fair !! I ask for help and to complaint about the lost package, nothing more !!
Here a copy of one of many emails:

"... i have send you some messages a couple of times asking
you to please try to find the number of the package or to give me the
post office station contact (adress, fhone,fax, etc...) with no answer
from you ...

Over 6 months from the Dentron tuner deal was made and you in the
last months did not do anything to help with the "lost package ???"

YES... YOU DID SOMETHING !! YOU SAY THAT YOU HAVE SEND IT TO THE POST
STATION...AND OVER !!

Is this you hamradio friendship kind of help ??? You pick the money
say that is on the way and its over... past 6 months ??? "

Joao Marques
CT1EPC
pa3duv

Post by pa3duv »

Scott, João, Steve and others,

I have purchased for at least US$ 60 000 worth of ham radio equipment from the USA the last 5 years. All of the shipments but one went with USPS Global Express Mail. This is an international AND trackable mail service from the good ol' Post. Not a single missing or damaged item. The one shipment with UPS resulted in a severely damaged Icom PW1 amplifier.

However, USPS offers cheaper international mail services, but these are VERY (I mean VERY) slow AND cannot be traced. I remember the purchase of an SG500 amplifier. Due to wrong instruction on my behalf the amplifier went the cheap way and it took almost 3 months to get it over the pond and out of the greedy hands of Dutch Customs. So my recommendation is to stay with the slightly more expensive USPS Global Express Mail service.

However, all the Customs Clearance of USPS shipping is done by the Post services of the receivers country.

I would recommend João to get in touch with the Customs Clearance department of the Portugese Post. Steve should fax João a copy of the freight document he has received when he delivered the item to his local Post Office.

Failure or refusal to present such a document could lead to speculation that the item was not send at all. Also Steve has received a cash receipt when the payed for the shipping of the item. That could also support his claim that the item was actually send.

On this freight document is a code. This code is not traceble by USPS (the cheap service) but IS traceble at the Customs Clearance department in Portugal.

I also would like to comment on the instruction from João not to insure and declare a zero customs value. I understand this, because a high insured value or declared value will inevitably lead to prohibitive taxation when the item crosses the Portugese border. Our friend João tries to save that money. However, the risk is that when a package is lost there is no incentive to trace it. I alway recommend to declare and insure a certain value, for example 300 US$ for a 3000 US$ item. In that case taxation is low and there is still some insurance coverage.

The last issue is the so called hassle for the shipper who exports. This is a plain old wives tale. There is NO hassle. The only thing the shipper has to do is fill out a simple document at the Post Office, stating the value, insurance option and address details of the receiver. Nothing more or less. For those not able to read or write any friendly Post Office Clerk will offer assistance.

I will continue to purchase used ham radio items from my trused circle of HAM radio operators from the USA. Sellers not willing to export will not receive my US$ for their equipment.

73, Dick Knol
PA3DUV
K4ICL

Truth - Si Fraud - No

Post by K4ICL »

I alway recommend to declare and insure a certain value, for example 300 US$ for a 3000 US$ item. In that case taxation is low and there is still some insurance coverage.
In the United States, this is called FRAUD with a reward to the user of a Felony charge, prosecution in Fedral court, a fine and possible prison time.

ALWAYS make factual declarations! To to otherwise puts you at serious risk.

K4ICL
w8jn

conus only, shame on me

Post by w8jn »

i shipped a nickle dime kenwood part to south america. SHAME ON ME. i never should have done it. it took an hour to pack, two hours of work to drive to, stand in line and fill out all of the paperwork at usps, and this buttream is turning into a pain in the as..... emails whinning daily that i overcharged him for shipping!!!!! never again! 73 paul w8jn
pa3duv

Post by pa3duv »

emails whinning daily that i overcharged him for shipping!!!!! never again! 73 paul w8jn
USPS shipping costs can be calculated online, using www.usps.com
Any buyer can calculate in advance what the nett. shipping costs will be.

Anyone able to read and write the English Language can fill out a USPS shipping form in 5 minutes.

73, Dick PA3DUV

PS: I love to pay tax: 60% Income Tax, 20% Sales Tax, 50% Energy Tax and 400% Fuel Tax. Welcome to The Netherlands