W8JN, Paul is better than the police a great ham

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
SP5TVK

W8JN, Paul is better than the police a great ham

Post by SP5TVK »

I live in Poland. I sent money via western union to WJ8Y Gregg Flechtner for a Kenwood TS-450sat. One full year later. He never sent the radio :(. On a regular basis he emailed me "the radio is on the way" "the post office returned it" "it is tied up in customs" "i am sick" "my mother is sick" "the weather is bad". In short Gregg is a dishonest.
Several of us in Poland have purchased rigs from Paul W8JN. His equipment always arrives on time and is better than described. He is the FINEST most honest ham we know.
:idea: Out of desparation I contacted Paul two weeks ago. I don't know how he did it or what he did, however, somehow he made some calls or paid someone a visit and made Gregg an offer he couldnt refuse. Maybe Gregg woke up with a horses head as a bed partner.
MY RADIO IS ON THE WAY.
PAUL, YOU THE BEST HAM!

Radek SP5TVK
73's
Radek SP5TVK (ex. SP4TVK)
w8jn

My Pleasure

Post by w8jn »

Radek, It's always a pleasure to help out fellow hams. Enjoy your rig. I checked it out and it looks like the memory battery needs replacement. The rig has a few minor marks on the case however it has full output and receive seems good. I did not have a chance to open it up to see if the filters are there. It came to me with the wrong factory box. Always contact me if I can do anything for you. You guys in Poland are great. I made it clear to our pal in Tiffin Ohio that he did not need me driving 4 hours to his home to pick up your rig. I am a very grumpy guy when I have to drive for 4 hours to pick up promised equipment that was never shipped!!! Best 73 Paul w8jn
w8jn

Arrive Yet ?

Post by w8jn »

Radek, please contact me and let me know if the rig arrived? 73 paul w8jn
K0CRX

Sweet homebrew justice!!

Post by K0CRX »

Often, a little homebrew intervention works faster and lasts longer than the long (and slow and inefficient) arm of the law. Kudos to you, Paul. A job well done.

Mike
w8jn

Arrive?

Post by w8jn »

Radek, I have not heard from you in 8 weeks. Do you have an update? Did the rig arrive? best 73 Paul w8jn
w8jn

Final Chapter 10-31 -50

Post by w8jn »

email from radek's friend mike!

Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 20:25:23 +0100
From: "Mike" <sp5it@go2.pl> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
To: "paul glassman" <highschooldiving@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re[2]: Radek`s SP5TK case

Hello Paul.
Radek told me, that today radio has arrived.
I want to thank you very very much for your time, and will to help us.
Thank you ery much.
If you will need anything from SP let me know.
73`s
Happy Halloween.
Mike sp5it
P.s.
Saturday I put 4el. KLM KT34 on the tower.
Amazing piece of aluminium ;)
After crappy dipoles finally I got antenna.
Hardly used, but working well.
Mike
SP5TVK

Post by SP5TVK »

Paul,
I'am very thankful for your assistance.
The radio comes in very good condition and perfectly packed by you.

If you will need anything from Poland I will try hard to do it for you.

Thank you for all.
PAUL, YOU ARE THE GREAT MAN AND HAM!

Best 73
Radek SP5TVK
73's
w8jn

it was a pleasure

Post by w8jn »

Radek, stay in touch. Send my regards to Mike. A very merry Christmas and healthy new year to you and your family. Best 73 Paul W8JN
w8jn

Redek

Post by w8jn »

Redek,
Have not heard from you in a long time. How is the rig doing for you?
73 Paul W8JN
w8jn

Radek

Post by w8jn »

Radek,
Have not heard from you in the past year! Hope all is well.
God Bless Paul W8JN
N1QOQ

Post by N1QOQ »

Great ending. I really hate a weasel. Use'd to be a man's word meant something. And as Ham's there is a strong brotherhood between most of us.
What happened to the rest??

73's
Paul
SP5TVK

Re: Radek

Post by SP5TVK »

w8jn wrote:Radek,
Have not heard from you in the past year! Hope all is well.
God Bless Paul W8JN
Paul,
I have not looked at the forum for ages.

I am doing fine.

I saw your very positive opinions. It confirms my very good experiences with you as a HAM and man.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2008.
73's
kw0o

Polish hams

Post by kw0o »

This is the way all stories should end. It is sad that a creep(s) are in our ranks in the US
de kw0o kn
w8jn

Radek

Post by w8jn »

Radek,
Always great to hear from you. Hope all is well with your family! Merry Christmas to you and all your family and friends in Poland!
Very best 73 Paul w8jn
ad4c2008

About W8JN

Post by ad4c2008 »

Happy endings like this are the ones I love to read,Paul you showed all of us you are the man.! We should chase and prosecute all scamers like this guy,fortunately most of the hams are good guys but sometimes there are bad apples at the trees and those has to be eliminated.Thanks for your great help to the SP guy and you and your family have a merry xmas and a great new year.

Hector
AD4C