PayPal is a bunch of morons

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
wa4wnc

PayPal is a bunch of morons

Post by wa4wnc » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:33 pm

Don't even bother getting a PayPal account. They are total morons incapable of understanding the simplest facts. Don't waste your time.

wa4wnc

Re: PayPal is a bunch of morons

Post by wa4wnc » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:03 pm

If you think you are protected by PayPal think again. What they don't tell you, at least in print big enough to read, is 90% of your so called protection is provided through YOUR OWN BANK. PayPal is one of the greatest scams in the world today.

wa4wnc

Post by wa4wnc » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:49 pm

YEP. And when you go through all the layers of crap trying to report the situation it is as if YOU are the bad guy. Once again the whole world needs to recognize the fact that PayPal provides VERY LITTLE protection for anything. That 3.5% or more fee that you pay is 99% pure profit for them. Don't believe me? Well trust me sooner or later you will find out the hard way.
:x :x :x :x

wa4wnc

Post by wa4wnc » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:09 pm

To all my hardworking fellow amateurs:

Here's another unbelievable from PayPal. It is next to impossible to CLOSE your account. I tried yesterday both online and over the phone. I got some line about "investigating" my account and I had open transactions. I have no open transactions. It is my firm belief that PayPal is colluding with some nefarious individuals to rip people off. There are way too many coincidences here for me to believe otherwise.

I highly encourage you, indeed I implore you to NOT use PayPal for your transactions. Use a USPS money order to ensure a legitimate transaction.

WZ4I

Post by WZ4I » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:37 am

PayScam protects the buyer, not the seller. Part swappers love PayScam.
Mark Harrison - WZ4I
Hickory, NC

wa4wnc

Post by wa4wnc » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:21 pm

Here is something else to think about. Why in the world would PayPal need your social security number? Are they going to contribute to your retirement fund?! This outfit is not what you think it is. I am convinced beyond any doubt that these people are involved with many of the spoofs that happen when using their disservice. Their reps are ignorant and are coached to only give "stock" answers. I doubt most of them even have a 3 digit IQ.

They refuse to close my account for asinine reasons that I do not understand.I called my bank yesterday and have blocked any potential charges against my account by PayPal. (the bank indicated they had several recent reports of problems with paypal).If you are thinking about opening an account DON"T do it! If you have an account close it now while you can otherwise they may not let you.

Sorry to keep ranting about this folks but I feel i need to warn my fellow Amateurs to help them avoid being ripped off like so many others.

W4PIG

Post by W4PIG » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:10 pm

protects buyers no protection for sellers ie parts swappers and people who dont know how to operate radio or amps properly :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: