N5OMV Marcus <- Bad Deal On a Trade -> What a Story!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
Mathew Quaife

N5OMV Marcus <- Bad Deal On a Trade -> What a Story!

Post by Mathew Quaife »

Be careful if you do any business with this character, he lacks character. I posted an add looking for some parts for a Cushcraft beam, Marcus contacted me and told me that he had some parts from an A3S, and I could have them for the cost of shipping. I asked him how much he would take for the entire antenna, he again told me for shipping. Then he said he was looking for an HT, of which I had one from Radioshack. We agreed to make the trade, he would ship the antenna and I would ship the radio. Well I shipped the radio, the day that it arrived at his home, he emailed me and told me that UPS sent the antenna back to him, thought I did not want it, said he would send the radio back. Well that was somewhere around March 30. Well then he emailed me and told me that he put the antenna in a pvc tube, and that ups returned it because it looked like a pipe bomb. Said he was real mad at them. I told him ok, well just send the radio back to me. He said he would send it back. Well as of today, no radio. I emailed him a few weeks ago and asked him if this was one of them bad ham deals, he returned saying no it was not a bad ham deal, then again stated he would send the radio back. Nothing heard for a couple of weeks, I emailed him and told him to keep the radio, and that each time he used it, that it should remind him that he is a crook, and a bad ham. I did not need the HT, but could have given it to a new ham if I were to just give it away. So don't strike a deal with this bad ham, yes Marcus, I hope you read this and realize that it indeed was a bad ham deal from a bad Ham (Crook) operator. Guess what Marcus, you were my first, and hopefully with better judgement, you will be my last.

Mathew (KA9VOI)