Buy Beware of kc4dx

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w7ute

Buy Beware of kc4dx

Post by w7ute »

I just purchased a Icom 38A from kc4dx. Donald assured me it worked as it should. I received it quickly and was impressed. Because it was
a older radio, it took me several tries to get it up and running. I got it programed with some repeaters and it seemed to receive fine.
I tried to call on the repeaters and found that only one repeater in memory worked. I email and Donald and he told me to read the manual.
I read it again and reprogramed 4 repeaters after doing a reset of the radio. What I discovered is only the last channel programed had the correct
subaudible tone. The other channels had somehow retained the last tone entered. I emailed Donald and he said it worked when he tried it.
I asked for a refund and acted like it was my fault and my problem. I reset the memories, programed them and after each one checked the tone.
Not sure what he expects me to do? I believe a Ham's word is something you can count on not question!
Wade w7ute