Beware KF8LM

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
ai6yr

Beware KF8LM

Post by ai6yr »

KF8LM is selling a TenTec Delta 580 here. Beware he purchased this from me on eBay and claimed it was unusable and broken, and I had to refund him a significant amount on the rig.

He says here:
"This Ten Tec 580 Delta is in very good condition ... The plastic cap on the rear of the pto is broken. The radio tunes just fine, and I don’t know if this will ever cause a bigger problem or not, but it works well now. All else is fine with this rig. "

I refunded him $150 on his $200 purchase (minus shipping) because he told me on eBay:
"I have taken another look at this VFO problem with the covers off and I don't think it's repairable without a new end cap. The shaft needs the support of that piece and without it the pto fluctuates and sticks as it's turned. A major issue. The only possibility for repair that I can think of is to try to have a machinist fabricate a new end cap from aluminum using the pieces of the old one as a template. I can't guess at the cost of that, but it scares me. And it would require disassembly of the pto which is delicate to say the least."

Judge accordingly. He is now asking $220 for the rig (plus another $50 for the power supply),.

AI6YR