Page 1 of 1

Rules for contacting sellers

Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:10 pm
by dshafer
Good day all. I will begin by saying up front I am not yet a ham.. I am studying and hope to take the exam Dec, 2. I am looking for a transceiver. I found an IC735AT in your classifieds. I want to know if it is going to include a power cord. In order to contact the seller you require a call sign. Obviously I do not have one yet. I understand how you want to exclude outsiders who can cause a lot of grief, but this is a simple question. I would much prefer purchasing a rig from a ham rather than one on ebay where you are taking a real chance of getting junk. Anyway, I am not trying to be evil I would just like to be able to fing a good used rig and this looks like a good place for that.


Re: Rules for contacting sellers

Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:50 pm
by N8ERM
Rule number 3 in the ad page of says:

Must have FCC License to buy/sell Transmitters and Amplifiers - Yes, we know that the FCC doesn't require you to have a license, but our site does. Please respect our wishes. Ads for transmitters and amplifiers by non-hams will be removed.

We ask that you would please look at the ad page and to please follow our rules.

Thank you for your compliance and we look forward to you buying and selling on this site when you receive your Amature radio licence.