Rules for contacting sellers

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
dshafer

Rules for contacting sellers

Post by dshafer »

Good day all. I will begin by saying up front I am not yet a ham.. I am studying and hope to take the exam Dec, 2. I am looking for a transceiver. I found an IC735AT in your classifieds. I want to know if it is going to include a power cord. In order to contact the seller you require a call sign. Obviously I do not have one yet. I understand how you want to exclude outsiders who can cause a lot of grief, but this is a simple question. I would much prefer purchasing a rig from a ham rather than one on ebay where you are taking a real chance of getting junk. Anyway, I am not trying to be evil I would just like to be able to fing a good used rig and this looks like a good place for that.

Thanks
Dave
N8ERM

Re: Rules for contacting sellers

Post by N8ERM »

Rule number 3 in the ad page of swap@qth.com says:

Must have FCC License to buy/sell Transmitters and Amplifiers - Yes, we know that the FCC doesn't require you to have a license, but our site does. Please respect our wishes. Ads for transmitters and amplifiers by non-hams will be removed.

We ask that you would please look at the ad page and to please follow our rules.

Thank you for your compliance and we look forward to you buying and selling on this site when you receive your Amature radio licence.