W1VDF- "You bought it- it's your problem"

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
robert

W1VDF- "You bought it- it's your problem"

Post by robert »

I bought an Icom 746 from this guy and man, when i got it home and unpacked it- it smelled like Red Foxx smoked his last 60 packs of pall malls in there!! stink stink stink! he NEVER told me he was a smoker. Then I recently found out that it does not work on 75 meters! nothing nadda zip! only white noise. then i found a loose screw on the bottom of the unit sticking out! i called this guy and left a message that the radio didn't work. i get a message on my machine at the time i told him i would not be home- how convenient! he said that i bought it and it was "my problem"- he said it was fine when he sold it to me- which it was not. he didn't even take the position of asking what exactly was wrong with it- he was rude, no help, and a typical used car salesman type. useless!! my friends, i have at least 100 buys and sells over the net- trust me when i tell you- don't buy anything from this bird- it will stink like smoke and you take the chance that it will not work- then you can be treated to the fu attitude of "you bought it- it's your problem!"
robert
n1jao
Robert
N1JAO