WC4D

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W9DMW-2

WC4D

Post by W9DMW-2 »

:evil: I donot like to leave any type of negativity on my fellow brother hams, But I must on this guy, DON WC4D, At first all seemed O.K., I bought a Kenwood radio from him, Sold as working, But the rig has many concerns, I contacted him, And I will admitt, He offered a refund. But I thought I could fix it,. After looking at it, I found a cracked circuit board. I relayed this to Him,. Told him what it would cost in time and minor parts, And he agreed to send me $50.00. I accepted. Well I waited and waited, I sent emails, And then I got a responce, A death in the family. I can relate to that, My DAD past away in JAN. So I waited some more, I was told that I qoute, "Oh, I forgot, with all that's going on", Again, I waited. Finnally I poped a gasket, I was told by him in a email, That a personal check was sent out to me,. After waiting another (2) two weeks, I knew this guy was a jerk.

"Bullsh_T", He never sent anything, Just a pack of lies, One right after another,. And for those who would like, I saved all the emails to what I call my B.S. Artist File. Seems appropriate in this case.
I really hate doing this, I have been promoting ham radio, for over 25 years, And proud of it. It just seems lately, The ham community hads gone to hell. WHY would we screw another fellow ham, And do it will malace. I thought dealing with hams on a ham site, Would be safe from the ebay scammers, But I see we still have some out here.

Don when you read this if you do, You know that what I am saying is "TRUE", So do what you must, I am done with you. I hate to think, If I sent the rig back to you,. "I STILL WOULD BE WAITING FOR A REFUND",. YOU ARE NOT A HONEST OR A TRUSTWORTHY PERSON. At least not in this deal,, And your words are false, And without meaning.

With great regret, DON, W9DMW.
KS4ED

From KS4ED

Post by KS4ED »

Don, I'm sure everyone understands your feelings. I have been reading
these posts for about six months now. I keep noticing that too many cases
(of rip offs) seem to have only Email communcation between the buyer and
seller. Maybe this might remind all that a hard line phone number and a hard line phone call before the deal is consumated might help minimize some
of these incidents. Myself, no deal until I have a hard line phone number
and we have talked on the phone. No cell phone numbers either.
If a deal involves $50 bucks...a $3 dollar phone call is worth it and I do
understand even that is no guarantee. It is a minimizer though.
K1RON

WC4D

Post by K1RON »

Yes, Don WC4D is a Pro at the "Checks in the Mail" routine. I was selling a Microphone to Don and we went through the "US Postal M.O.must be lost so I'll get another and express mail it this time" . Then the "I had so much happening at work I didn't get it out"... Then the "Wife will send it tomorrow"..
I'm sure you know nothing ever came, or was even sent. I didn't lose anything except he managed to BS me for about a month. Sure glad I didn't sent the Mic to him assuming he was honest. By the way, talking on the phone to him won't make him honest. I did that and it didn't work... Ron, K1RON