KB1LBF - warning

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
Gary Slack

KB1LBF - warning

Post by Gary Slack »

Kb1lbf made a trade deal with sent my radio to him. Had to e-mail him to find out he received it. Told me my radio was junk and he put a block on his radio and had it sent back to him. Checked it out he never even sent his radio at all. Took to weeks to get him to send my radio back. Havn't gotten my radio back but have tracking # should be here tuesday. I started legal procedures on him and he checked it out. Thats the only reason he is sending me my radio back. Other people have e-mailed me stating he did the same to them. Be careful dealing with this person. 73's gary
wa4cch

Re: KB1LBF - warning

Post by wa4cch »

Gary Slack wrote:Kb1lbf made a trade deal with sent my radio to him. Had to e-mail him to find out he received it. Told me my radio was junk and he put a block on his radio and had it sent back to him. Checked it out he never even sent his radio at all. Took to weeks to get him to send my radio back. Havn't gotten my radio back but have tracking # should be here tuesday. I started legal procedures on him and he checked it out. Thats the only reason he is sending me my radio back. Other people have e-mailed me stating he did the same to them. Be careful dealing with this person. 73's gary
:( just wondering did you get your radio back he is advertising a trade here on qth and i am thinking about trading with him and just wanted to know if all came out ok

thanks chuck 8)
wa4cch

Post by wa4cch »

:( still waiting for your answer
this guy still has stuff for trade now he wants to trade all of it for one radio i was going to trade him a scanner but i see he has two for trade why did he want another????????????
8) chuck
VE3TMT

Post by VE3TMT »

Someone wanting to trade everything for just "one" of your radios??? Don't that make you even the least apprehensive??

Personally, I would be steering clear of this guy.
n3jbh

hmmmmmm !!!

Post by n3jbh »

Kb1lbf is a peice of work. thats all i have to say :lol:
WW7F

KB1LBF

Post by WW7F »

KB1LBF replied to an ad I had for a scanner, I am in Oregon, he is on the East Coast. I got the phone call,(MY number was not listed) he caled at, get this 3 AM my time, I answered he just said I want your scanner, and you are going to sell it to me- I told him I did not want him to call me again, and he told me it was past 6 there and why wasnt I awake- I just told him use email or not at all, and hung up- He kept calling me every night for maybe a week and when I finally answered, he just said he wanted my scanner, and not for the listed price either.It gets better-I told him, no I wont lower the price that low,which was less than 50% of the price I was asking.He said you arent gonna sell it,I hung up he called until I answered, I tried unplugging the phone,but he was persistent. He hasd a thing about 800 mhz stuff, told me he could hgear all sorta stuff-??I finally relented, and told him to send the money order with money for postage since he insisterd on UPS-Money order got here, sans shipping money-The amount was what he told me he would pay for it- I told him on the phone I was going to send the money back sinbce he wasn't keeping his word, the guy just told me he would tell everyone a lot of bad stuff:(
I had little choice, and I just wanted him out of my life,period!!!I just sent it postal, as I didn't have monery to lose and give in, I called and said I senty it out ,not ups, he called everyone here locally on the phone he could,and told them I was a crook:( He made the mistake of calling my friends, some of whom are in the ham club I am VP of. The president called me up and appraised me he had heasrd this from many people, BTW,he clzaimed he was too poor to buy it from me as listed:(He did however, have money to burn on long distance calls here during the day.He even called up the HRO store,they told me he was nuts(Their words,not mine:) ) I immediately wrote him email demanding he cease and desist,Or I would get a lawyer-the jerk called up my ISP and said I threatened me, 6his after dozens of calls and threatening emails,BTW,I don't do that, it is my 78 yr old fathers account,not mine! I finally had top have an attorney ham friend call him up and let him know he better stop.He did,but wrote me recently trying to trade me a GREAT Pyram,id 36 amp supply, he is someone to avoid at all costs,take my word for it- He is the kind of guy who will stalk you, yes that is what he did basically, and if he wants something you have, the story I related is his basic Modus Opperandus,I am disabled, I have problems sometimes,as I am also the oldest and have to help my father as well. This guy is defintely out there, where I dson't know and don't care to know, I should have dropped a line to Scott when he contacted me regarding his junk power supply-He was not supposed to have,buthe did:( Beware of this guy,he is a bad egg, not a good ham!If I get any threats from him regarding my opinion, well, he left a lasting impression out here in oregon,he should stop trying to beat the good folks on here out of stuff, all he has is junk anyway-One last word
:This person is attracted to scanners,especially ones thaty can pick up cell phones,so ?if you get a response from him, run away :twisted: like you know what !!