KI6NKZ James Hilton - Another bad guy

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
ad1ad

KI6NKZ James Hilton - Another bad guy

Post by ad1ad »

I bought a TS-2000 from James and the power cord was missing from the box. I immediately sent him an e-mail but never received any reply over a year. I have been patient and sent him several e-mails, but he never replied. I know he is still active as I see DMR and APRS activities under his callsign, and it seems that he is just ignoring my e-mails.

Another bad guy found, so please be aware when you deal with James Hilton, KI6NKZ.
w0bkr

Re: KI6NKZ James Hilton - Another bad guy

Post by w0bkr »

Well, not sure what to think myself, wish I had seen your posting. Purchased an item off KI6NKZ, sent a cashiers check, since he didn't take PP, and his ULS and QRZ address didn't match the mail to address now in Idaho. He has had payment for over a week, and when I ask about the tracking number, nothing. I have asked for a tracking number or a refund via cashiers check, and no response. Guess I will be contacting his local law enforcement to see what they can do to remedy this situation. Not looking good. Communication would have helped but I don't think he wants to sell anything or refund the funds...possible scammer...
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

JAMES HILTON KI6NKZ
P.O. BOX 60
KUNA, ID. 83634

I am in contact with the Sheriff in Kuna and when I have more to post will share.
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

Meant to add that bank considers it fraud/stolen so they are involved as is the USPS since he is using a drop box (PO Box) for obtaining money illegally and fraudulently. So, glad I am not on the receiving end. May take a while, but glad I am not him.

Sad some folks play these games thinking they will get thru it without getting caught, but they do get caught. What a loser is all I can say...really sad.