Avoid KS4V Bruce Huyck

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
kc2zxl

Avoid KS4V Bruce Huyck

Post by kc2zxl »

On March 10th 2017, I saw a listing for Elecraft KX3 by KSV4 Bruce Huyck. He stated that the unit has a Tuner and Roofing filter plus plastic cover. In my haste, Bruce agreed to sell it for $1050. I received the transceiver today and some things did not sit well. First, no power cable, some letters were faded off the side panels, and there were scratches that did not make it into the photo he listed because he had concealed it with the plastic cover. When I asked where's the power cord and his response was that he did not mention it on the listing therefore it's not included. Ha, a simple power cord, okay with no battery option, I have to now go look for a power cord?

But what really blew my steam was that OFS knob had a big gash across it. When I confronted him over email, now he does not respond. Shameful Hammy, hope you enjoy the money Bruce. He's a shady Seller and he probably knows it too.
Last edited by kc2zxl on Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
w0bkr

Re: Avoid KSV4 Bruce Huyck

Post by w0bkr »

Did you mean KS4V?
kc2zxl

Re: Avoid KS4V Bruce Huyck

Post by kc2zxl »

Yes