N9RG - Advise caution or avoid

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w0bkr

N9RG - Advise caution or avoid

Post by w0bkr »

Recently sold an item to N9RG in near mint condition. Have all the emails.
Basically, this is one of your dead beat buyers. Didn’t have funds to start with and strung me along for a week without paying for his item. Initially told me he wanted it, stated funds would be provided following day. Then asked if the deal was still in force (I suppose afraid a seller would sell to someone else). Then started the stalling about the payment, and then started to make bogus excuses about my item, etc. You get the drift.
Didn’t have funds to start with and ran away, not sure if he didn’t get the XYL’s or mother’s permission first or what. No explanation given. Swap boards aren’t set up for “try it and if you like it, buy it”. So if you encounter his email selling or wanting to buy something, your risk. He is on my listing to avoid in the future. I found out later, after the fact from a couple of chaps that emailed me that this guy has had issues before, and they go back a ways.
For me, if I commit to selling something to someone, regardless if someone else comes forward and offers twice the price, I honor my commitment to the original purchaser. If I commit to buying something and find the same thing or something better elsewhere in the meantime, I still honor buying the item I committed to. Why? It isn’t about the money; it is about integrity, character, honesty and truthfulness. Some folks (an apparently N9RG is amongst that number it seems) lack those traits.
So, beware, avoid or enter at your own risk. I am not a lay away store. I don’t hold stuff until someone can scrape together the funds unless that is pre arranged during the initial commit to buy. And, I never ship until I have the funds in hand.
n9rg

Re: N9RG - Advise caution or avoid

Post by n9rg »

After reviewing pics Chris sent rig looked rough to me so I told him if it was that way I did not want rig so I did tell you we never concluded deal as I did not trust his judgement on description
n9rg

Post by n9rg »

I also ask for pics did not send till next day and first email was tuesday
n9rg

Post by n9rg »

And advised on Wednesday not buying rig
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

SPew away RG. I have your emails and you did ask for any addl pics until well after you stated "will buy" and the "funds would be sent the next day"...EIther way, doesn't much matter to me. I stand by my word and obviously you don't. You lied about issues in the pics just to use as as excuse. I don't care. A well deserving individual got it today. CU Bye Bye