Desciption of equipment when selling

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N4URW

Desciption of equipment when selling

Post by N4URW »

Recently I bought a HF radio and in the ad the selling described the radio as being clean, and no issues. Received the radio and noticed right off the bat that the radio was very dirty although the seller said it was a very clean radio. took me about 2 hours to clean it up and now it does look new again. Also the seller said nothing about a part that was missing so I contacted the seller and he agreed to purchase the part from Icom to fix the radio. People just need to star being honest when they are describing the equipment that they are selling. Don't say "clean" when in fact it is dirty. And don't say "no issues" when there is a part missing that you need to properly operate the radio.