Beware of WU2M

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w0bkr

Beware of WU2M

Post by w0bkr »

Some of the message traffic. As you can see, eager to buy, trying to win my confidence but not letting my guard down. No authenticated payment, no verifiable payment, I NEVER EVER SHIP without receipt of payment first. Old method I have seen before.

Dec22
The response is:

Is the XXX Still available? I would like to buy it.

Thanks,
Rocco
WU2M

Dec 22
Ok. I will take it. Im at work right now but i can contact you tonight if you want. I will take it for sure.

Rocco

12/24
Merry Christmas!
I just wanted to drop you a quick e-mail and let you know that whenever you are ready to complete the transaction, just let me know. I am in no hurry so whatever works for you. I just wanted to touch base and let you know that.
Have a great holiday season!

Rocco WU2M

12/25
I will get the Money Order when the post office opens and get it right out to you. If you want payment sooner, I can pay-pal you the money + the fee they charge you so it won't cost you anything.

END OF EMAILs, NO RESPONSES TO NUMEROUS EMAILS SINCE. One Phone call to his residence 1.4.2017: Stated was on call with work out of town for 2 weeks, wife would be sending the funds.

1/7/2017: States on his URL he is on the ARRL RTTY Contest....emailed again, again, no response. Told me was to be out of town for work for 2 weeks and wife would be sending/mailing the payment.

WU2M ARRL-RTTY Status
Current status as of:
2017/01/07 19:01:29 UTC
2017/01/07 02:01:29 PM Local

So, after three weeks of repeated untruths about having paid or going to pay, obviously, no money, no mailing, no responses to email (likely thought I would ship prior to receipt of funds) and no responses to email questions about did he send payment, etc., nothing. After locating a phone number and receiving one untruth after the other, I knew what was being attempted. ....so proceed with caution, but I would JUST AVOID....PERIOD>.
wu2m

Re: Beware of WU2M

Post by wu2m »

You forgot to post your responses.
First of all, you said you wanted to wait until the holidays were over.

See this response

------- Original message --------
Date:12/22/2016 12:34 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: Rocco Conte WU2M
Subject: Re: QTH.COM Ad -- TS-830S Hybrid Transceive...

Will out for a bit but if you commit, and say you are buying it, I will mark it sold and you can send the funds after the holiday rush...

Cheers
Chris

Then when I contacted you here:

On Sun, Dec 25, 2016 at 6:36 AM, Rocco Conte <wu2m@nycap.rr.com> wrote:

Chris,

Just let me know when and how you want payment and I will take care of it.

Rocco

You Said:

Thought you were sending it already via USPS????
USPS Money order or money order to my QRZ Address is fine. Will pack and ship once received.

Huh? That was inconsistent with what you said in the first place. When I had to make an unexpected trip, I offered to pay-pal you and you said no. That's fine but you would have been paid on the spot.
I told you I would have the YL do it and you said not to put her out. I get home on a Saturday morning and you send me an E-Mail telling me I am on RTTY. Hey, guess what, I know that and in the mean time you listed
the rig again! One other thing, I tried to contact you and you said you were having problems with e-mail you thought. I could dig through my deleted items folder and post that as well but you get the point.
(I will if needed though) You also told me on the phone you had issues with e-mail and oh, by the way, you had my number and could have called anytime!

Frankly, I think you are the one to be avoided as you say one thing and then say something different a few days later. Interesting you didn't post your responses or numerous e-mails.

By the way, I purchased from another seller and we had the whole transaction complete in less that 1/2 hour or so.

I have no more time for this foolishness. I do plenty of buying and selling online and you are the only person I have ever had a problem with. That alone should speak for itself.

Rocco
WU2M