N4CTF Troy Moore! Can anyone help me locate him?

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
kc0kki

N4CTF Troy Moore! Can anyone help me locate him?

Post by kc0kki »

Hello! I bought a Ten Tec 2 meter mobile from Troy Moore
>of Bolivar Tennessee. He guaranteed that it was good as well as that I would
>like it. If not just return it and he will send me my money back. Well, the
>radio arrived broken. I sent it back and requested a refund. He falsely
>accused me of breaking the radio and mailed it back to me. I did not want a
>broken radio so I mailed it back to him again. I have called numerous times
>over the last month and left countless messages. He will not return my calls
>or answer the phone...I think he is hiding behind caller ID...Does anyone
>live in the Bolivar area? Anyone know what happened to Troy 'boog' Moore?
>This is only a matter of $75.00 so I am not losing sleep over the matter,
>but I would like to give him a chance to make good on his word. I cant
>believe that he would cheat me out of such a petty amount of money?!?! Any
>info would be appreciated. Thanks gentlemen!
kc0kki

It is Official! I have been cheated by Troy Moore! N4CTF!

Post by kc0kki »

Well, I got mail from Troy Moore today. It was a Letter and a money order for $32.00. Troy repaired the broken radio that he sold me and deducted his labor and parts from my refund...UNBELIEVABLE!!! The radio, which he claims was damaged in shipping, but he would not file a claim on, apparently needed a Resistor, Diode, and a transistor replaced, as well as a wire soldered to the display board! How I broke all of this just putting 12vdc to the radio and turning on the power switch I will never know...I Believe that he is a liar and a cheat. He sold me a broken radio and tried to stick me with it. Well I ended up being cheated out of $52.00 by Mr. Moore...I am also, in the process of being cheated out of $45.00 on another deal with a ham from Ebay...My brother just got took for $35.00 from a ham on ebay as well...I am just about to give up on buying equipment online...Too many dishonest hams...They should all be ashamed of themselves...
KS4ED

social ladder

Post by KS4ED »

I read so often where someone is discouraged, dismayed and or
disappointed when they realize they have been ripped off by
another "Ham".

I guess too many have some impression that getting their Ham
License is like stepping up another rung of the social ladder.
Maybe being an Elk, a Moose or a Mason but a Ham don't do it no
more. In some communities don't dare mention you're a Ham
with your antenna hidden in the attic or your flag pole out front.

But, I agree...it hurts just a little more to be ripped off by another
Ham.
vk2uw

Being ripped off

Post by vk2uw »

Once you could depend on Hams as being genuine, the worst luck it puts the Genuine Hams under a big shadow of doubt.

I hope it all works out for you.

Just wondering if Scott could put a short cut, so we could put in a call similar to a call server look up for search on a call without going through all the feedback, to check if we have a rippoff merchant on our hands before dealing with them.
Chris Wright
VK2UW
K4ICL

Search at will!

Post by K4ICL »

To search for a callsign anywhere on the Forum:

1) Click on Search at the top of the page and enter the callsign in the KEYWORD box at the top of the displayed box.

2) Then click on Search at the bottom of the displayed box.

Enjoy!

K4ICL
KC9EKE

N4CTF Bad News

Post by KC9EKE »

I have tried to trade a iMac computer with books and software for a laptop computer. I sent it out in good fath that he would ship the laptop as soon as I E-Mailed him the tracking number. He did not do so. As soon as he checked the number he stopped answering my phone calls and E-Mail. Luckly is stopped the shippment of my package before he got it. We had an agreement that he would send tracking number of the laptop as soon as I got mine sent to him. He then called me a lyer about the whight of the package. The way he did things was just like a guy that I got burn from with the same scnerio.
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

ARS N4CTF
SSG (ret.)(DAV) Troy D. "Boog" Moore, JR
3687 Bible Grove Road
Lexington, Tennessee 38351-6832
n4ctf@hotmail.com
731-609-4604 (cell phone)

He is a real piece of work, I recon he has just had me for $600