fred massoni?

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w8jn

fred massoni?

Post by w8jn »

In reference to Fred saying "you deal with ups or fed ex". I don't know Fred nor have I had any deals with him, however this is real simple. UPS or Fed Ex will only deal with the original shipper, not the receiver. It's the buyers responsibility to see to it that the seller receives the funds prompotly. If the USPS loses the check do you tell the seller to "ship it anyway, it's not my problem"? It's the sellers responsibility to see to it that the buyer receives exactly what was represented. If it arrives broken, parts missing etc, the seller must make it right! End of story! Any seller who tells the buyer to "take a hike, it's not my problem is quite simply " a crook". best 73 Paul w8jn
n0wjp

Post by n0wjp »

Thanks for the advice, Paul. I still have the shipping box (with all the numbers) and did call the UPS Store that Fred shipped from. They wouldn't even talk to me since I was not the shipper.
Just to give Fred the benefit of the doubt, I put the radio, all the original packing material, and the 2 microphones back in the original box and weighed it. The weight was 8.0 pounds, which is exactly what the UPS web site said the package weighed. I then added the replacement cable that I ordered from AES (just the cable, no packaging) and the weight on my scale went to 8.9 pounds. From this it looks to me like the cable was never in the box. The fact that the box was still sealed, with no broken tape or re-taped areas, would make me think that the package wasn't ever opened until I received it.
Fred still insists that the cable was in there, but I can't figure out why someone would open a box in transit and take just a power cable and leave a nice radio and 2 microphones.
It would be nice if Fred would work with me on this, but apparently he has a history of doing this sort of thing. I've sent a certified letter to him demanding payment and will follow up with the Florida P.O.S.T if he doesn't respond within the designated timeframe. I hate to bring his professional organization into this dispute, but I'm sure they would want to know if one of their members was acting in this manner.

Jeff
haansgruber

fred massoni?

Post by haansgruber »

Jeff,

It obvious from the statements in your email, that your only concern is that many people are viewing this, and you are attempting to use it as leverage.

I can assure you, it's not going to work.
I am quite sure you get a warm and fuzzy from all this.
It's either; you pay me the $40.00, or no one will trust you to buy anything ever again on the board.
I am well aware of what you are trying to do.
Go ahead and gloat.
People like you get what's coming to you in the end.
Trying to apply pressure in this manner only determines me NOT to give in.
When you're right, you're right, and there can be no compromise.

73'

Fred - ke4amq

------- EMAIL QUOTE -------
Hi, Fred. I was glad to see your response on qth.com when I got home from work last night. I went ahead and posted a response to the points you made. It will be interesting to see if anyone else posts and comments on our dilemma. It looks like a lot of people are reading about our deal. Over 1200 people have read about this deal so far.

Jeff
N0WJP

------- END QUOTE -------
n0wjp

Re: fred massoni?

Post by n0wjp »

haansgruber wrote:Jeff,

It obvious from the statements in your email, that your only concern is that many people are viewing this, and you are attempting to use it as leverage.
Yes, Fred. I am glad that many people are following this thread and yes, I am trying to use it as leverage. I posted the details of our deal for two reasons. First, since you won't work with me at all I have no other recourse for getting you to follow through on our deal besides doing this or filing an official complaint that would damage your professional reputation permanently. Second, I think it's important for others to know what they're getting into when they deal with you.

Jeff
haansgruber

Post by haansgruber »

n0wjp wrote:Jeff,

Second, I think it's important for others to know what they're getting into when they deal with you.

Jeff
Jeffy,

Let's cut to the chase. You're trying to manipulate me through fear of loss.
It has nothing to do with your desire to notify anyone, or to "watch out" for someone else's best interest.
Although, I do love it when folks claim "I'm *ONLY* doing it for eveyone else's benefit". The primary motivation isn't money. No way!
It always spikes my senses when people make these claims.

Now Jeff, I am sure not only myself but, others can also see right through to your true motivation here.
Try selling the selfless, altrusitic line to somebody who's buying it, cuz I am not.
We all know you want $40.00 off the price of the radio, and it's NOT happening.
Only because your friend told you he saw the same radio on eHam.com for $300.00 and you had already bought mine for $350.00, and you figure the extra microphone is only worth $10.00. I'm sorry Jeff.

As far as dealing with you goes, you have given me absolutely NO incentive to want to deal with you any further. You have threatened me, my job, the courts, badgered and harassed me to no end, and the list goes on.
Which only indicates the caliber of the individual I'm dealing with here.
In fact, I am growing really tired of your game.
Now why don't you be a good boy and find someone else to play with, take all your toys and go home, or whatever it is you do when you don't get your way.

You can keep posting your concerns for the well being of everyone else.
I am almost convinced! Perhaps you can sway me, keep up the good work!

As I said in the other thread my apologies to Scott, I really dislike participating in these type of threads. qth.com is still in my mind a great place to trade & sell ham gear, and I will continue, with anyone who desires to do so.

This is my final post on this thread. Although i know you'll want the last word Jeff, because it's who you are. That and, I am willing to allow you to have it.

73' Fred - ke4amq
n0wjp

Post by n0wjp »

[quote="haansgruber
Now Jeff, I am sure not only myself but, others can also see right through to your true motivation here.
Try selling the selfless, altrusitic line to somebody who's buying it, cuz I am not.
We all know you want $40.00 off the price of the radio, and it's NOT happening.
Only because your friend told you he saw the same radio on eHam.com for $300.00 and you had already bought mine for $350.00, and you figure the extra microphone is only worth $10.00. I'm sorry Jeff.

73' Fred - ke4amq[/quote]

Actually, Fred. I am very happy with the deal you made me for the radio, mics, and power cord. I'm not sure where you got the eHam thing, but I think $350 for the package was a fair price. The radio was in very good condition, works 100%, you answered all my questions about it prior to the sale very promptly and accurately, you even shipped much quicker than I expected. I mailed the MO out to you on a Friday and the radio was delivered to me exactly a week later.

Unfortunately I didn't receive all of the stuff you agreed to send me for my $350. And to set things straight, I would much rather have you track down the cable and ship it to me now than have you send me $40. I can't use 2 power cables at once, but I'll be able to provide 2 of them to the next buyer if I decide to sell the radio sometime, so eventually I'll get most of my $40 back if I ever sell the radio.

Hopefully this sounds reasonable to you and it would require very little effort on your part.

Jeff