KB2TIQ appears to have ripped me off for $400

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
nt4om

KB2TIQ appears to have ripped me off for $400

Post by nt4om »

I answered a http://swap.qth.com ad from KB2TIQ - Elmer Goodman on March 30, 2005 for a Dentron Clipperton-L amp. He answered on March 30, 2005 and agreed to a price of $400 and he would ship the amp. To make a long story short, he cashed my money order and did not ship the amp. He will not return my calls or answer any of my emails. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS INDIVIDUAL UNLESS YOU GO THROUGH AN ESCROW COMPANY.

Tommy Barber
NT4OM
KB2WNR

Post by KB2WNR »

Just my $.02 I would get ahold of your local Postal Inspector and get him involved. Mail fraud is nothing to play with. Unfortunately he doesnt live near me or I'd pay him a visit. I love this hobby and it pisses me off that a few individuals rip others off. I would consider sending him a registered letter too. I hope all works out for you.

KB2WNR
VE3TMT

Post by VE3TMT »

Just wondering what you would do when you paid him a visit. Are you a law enforcement official? If not YOU could be up on charges.

Just my .02
KB2WNR

Post by KB2WNR »

No, I'm not a law enforcement official but I do know several who would be willing to tag along. Why do you ask?

KB2WNR
KS4ED

A suggestion

Post by KS4ED »

Go to QRZ.com and in the search put in KB2TIQ's street or road name in
and see what comes up...I've heard of a case where the guy's father was
a Ham and lived just down the road from him. (But the father was just as
much as scum bag as his son.) Anyway, it might turn up someone who
knows where this guy goes to church.
PS Try his zip code too.
nt4om

Update on this thread

Post by nt4om »

I talked to Elmer on the phone Sunday (5/15) and was told he had been having internet problems and his phone service is through his internet provider also so was having phone problems too. He said he would ship the amp on Monday, call me and email the tracking number. He has not contacted me yet. It appears he may be honest and just a putts or he is stringing me along. I emailed the local sheriff but they have not contaced me either. I will see what this week brings.
nt4om

Continuing Saga of the Dentron Clipperton-L ended

Post by nt4om »

Elmer FINALLY shipped the amp in June. it arrived intact and as described. I personally will not deal with him again but you can make up your own mind.

Tom
NT4OM