Another W4YT Successful Scam Victim

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W2CQMron

Another W4YT Successful Scam Victim

Post by W2CQMron »

Add my name to the list being scammed by someone identifying himself by Arthur F. Reinhardt W4YT. In a recent WTB response to my QTH posting for a Bird Wattmeter element # 5A, (allegedly) W4YT offered one for sale. We negotiated $50.00 shipped and payment was remitted via Pay Pal. According to the Pay Pal records, the money was received in the name of Arthur Reinhardt but somehow that sum was transferred to someone else; and of course now long gone. My fault! I readily confess that I didn't do my due diligence and I got exactly what I deserved. Fortunately, it was a reasonable loss and in a sense worth the small price for this learning experience. First time for me in over 50 years dealing with radio amateurs. All the warning signs were there for anyone, including myself to uncover. The alert(s) were clearly posted on the QTH message board and if I weren't so naïve, and if I bothered to make the simple inquiry, I would not have been a victim.