Ken Simpson W8EK

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
ka7niq

Ken Simpson W8EK

Post by ka7niq »

I bought a SteppIR 3 element beam antenna from Ken Simpson W8EK. The son of the silent key told him it was a working antenna,, it turned out not to be. I brought this to Ken's attention, and W8EK told me to send the repair invoice to him.
Just like he said he would do, Ken Simpson financially compensated me for most of the money I had to put out for repairs.
He truly is a man of his word.

KA7NIQ
Chris Tucker - Ka7niq
Owner - Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa
Http://www.roof-cleaning-tampa.com
VE6ND

Re: Ken Simpson W8EK

Post by VE6ND »

As well I bought a FT-736R from him several years ago that had a bad i.f. board on the UHF side.I called Ken and explained there was an issue with the radio and told me to send the defective part back to him. After diagnosing that it was indeed the problem I sent the bad board back and he sent another one to me.
Good experience,

Glenn, VE6ND