KG4YUS Winston Miller

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
n4dek

KG4YUS Winston Miller

Post by n4dek »

I sold Winston a TS-2000 for $1350. He paid for the radio thru pay-pal and after receiving the payment I shipped the radio. Two days later I learned that a hold had been placed on the $1350 payment. Seems that Winston has some unresolved issues and problems with his account and in turn pay-pal has locked his account and my money. He now refuses to return the radio that I have not been paid for nor will he agree to send me the payment the he owes me for the radio. I am left with nothing. No radio and no payment. He has the TS-2000 and has paid nothing for it. BE WARNED if you try to do business with this person. And BE WARNED if you are using Pay-Pal that you are at risk of having your money locked at will and there's nothing you can do about it.
kg4yus

Post by kg4yus »

I would like to state my case as well.

Just as n4dek stated paypal retracted the money from his account after he shipped the radio.
I explained to n4dek that paypal was requesting information to verify the account. After 2 days of fighting with paypal I realize that I nor n4dek will ever recieve the money from them.
My XYL just this minute has gotten off the phone with n4dek after explaining to him that I managed to come up with another $1350.00 to pay him. IT WILL be mailed OVERNIGHT in the form of a postal MO Monday morning and n4dek should have by Tuesday. I just could not raise the $1350.00 instantly.

Don,
I hope that when you receive the money on Tuesday you will retract any bad reference you have written of me.
n4dek

Post by n4dek »

Well I sure hope we can get all of this cleared up and behind us. I'll be watching for the payment to arrive and I'll do my follow-up here to clear the air on all of this. I feel that both of us are victims in this and that pay-pal is part to blame and the other part would go to the account holder that didn't warn you in advance that his account or accounts were/are in bad standing. Maybe this will be a hard lesson learned for both of us and we can use this in any future transactions. I myself am done with pay-pal.
kg4yus

Post by kg4yus »

Thank you for trying to work with me on this
I hope after this is resolved we can booth look back on this issue and take it as a lesson learned. I am very sorry this has happened. i will never use paypal again nor anyother online pay service. M.O. or cashiers check from now on.

Anyone wishing to find more info on paypal should visit.

http://paypalsucks.com/PayPalFormerEmployee1.shtml
WR0T-1

Pay Rip

Post by WR0T-1 »

They nailed me for 750.00, claimed the cc that was used for a purchase was stolen, They would not discuss it at all. Only responce was "read your user agreement" and hang up. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
n4dek

kg4yus made it all good

Post by n4dek »

Well I'm happy to report that I received two money orders today in the amout of $1350 for the TS-2000. Winston is a man of his word and sent the funds as promised. I'm just glad all of this is over and it turned out the way it did. No more pay-pal for me folks. Thanks Winston and hope to business with you again in the future.