KI4CBX

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w4glm

KI4CBX

Post by w4glm »

COMPUTER - Epox mini me athlon xp 3200 + trade ??

I did business with this person some month's ago.
Deal was not exactly as advertized.
We did a swap for an older PC for an Icom Dual Bander.
Computer received OK, but short on memory, after many many e-mails
promising to send and then to resend a memory stick this person
stopped answering/responding to e-mails, bottom line here,
\\\PROCEED WITH EXTREME CAUTION IN DEALING WITH THIS INDIVIDUAL.\\\
I would be cautious of the "REFERENCES"
If ever I receive the memory stick I will retract this ad.
w4glm at starband.net
ki4cbx

Post by ki4cbx »

Ok, here is the deal folks, I have had a LOT of deals on qrz.com and qth.com and NEVER had any problems until now. So here is my side of the story. The computer was shipped fast to him, I noticed prior to shipping that I had stated the wrong amount of memory in the ad (I am human I make mistakes). It was 256 meg instead of 512 meg, I was thinking of a different computer or something, don't know why I said that. HE was informed PRIOR to me shipping the item, he that he was fine with it, as I told him I would buy a 256 meg stick off of ebay and send it to him. About a week and a half later, I sent him that stick of memory via usps parcel post. It was in a brown envolope still in the anti-static bad and I even put bubble wrap about it. He wrote to me sometime later that he never received it. I told him that the post office told me that it would have to be 30 days BEFORE they did a trace, I told him that if he did not receive it in that time, to email me back and I would be more than happy to put a trace on it. I NEVER heard back from him, I swear I did not. What makes me angry is I went the extra mile by including a webcam (kodak a very nice one) and putting several games on the computer for his son, which I did not have to do. Now, I found this out today, just got back from the post office and I am doing a trace on this. I find it also very weird that he has waited this long to post something about this. I have been dealing with people for a long time and have never had any problems like this. I am truly sorry that he did not receive it, but I will do everything I can to trace the package down. People who order something, SHOULD get what they paid for or traded for. Gordon, I am sorry, but you could had dealt with this in a more better fashing than putting my name out there as a bad seller which I am NOT!!
Reba
ki4cbx
w4glm

KI4CBX

Post by w4glm »

Reba, has offered to compensate for additional memory stick in the P.C.

I have accepted her offer.

Deal is closed as far as I am concerned.

w4glm at starband.net
KS4ED

From KS4ED

Post by KS4ED »

It sounds like it sure was nice of you to accept her offer...
are you going to return the web cam and compensation for
the extras she included in the deal?
How much does a memory stick cost anyway?
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Re: KI4CBX

Post by KA9FOX »

w4glm wrote:Reba, has offered to compensate for additional memory stick in the P.C.

I have accepted her offer.

Deal is closed as far as I am concerned.

w4glm at starband.net
In your first posting, you said that you'd retract the whole thing if you got your memory. Please let me know if you want this posting removed.

- Scott KA9FOX
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads: https://swap.QTH.com
w4glm

The Deal revealed.......

Post by w4glm »

Last time I heard from Reba was Sunday, May 1, 2005, advised she would

compensate me $20. to make it right. I accepted that publiclly.

It's Thursday June 16, 2005, over a month and a half, I've heard nothing else.

All draw your own conclusions.....I know what mine are.

I will never mention this again, Scott you may remove these postings at your

convenience.....Mac
ab7r

Where's the memory?

Post by ab7r »

The memory stick must be with the power cord.

Oops..sorry! :) Could not hold that in.

Greg
AB7R
W8VVE

Post by W8VVE »

Greg...I almost split my sides laughing at your comment....great!!!
w4amp

Post by w4amp »

:lol: :roll: :lol: