FRANK FATIGATE KD2DBW

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
af6vm

FRANK FATIGATE KD2DBW

Post by af6vm »

:? Use caution dealing with Frank Fatigate KD2DBW or someone claiming to be him. He replied to my ad expressing interest in a transceiver and wanted a phone conversation. After 45 minutes of phone time "kicking the tires" and ultimately talking me into taking his personal check, he tells me that payment will be in the mail the following day and "consider it sold". A week later, having not received payment, I email him with no response. Three days later I call and leave a message and again, no response. Don't consider it sold until you have his money in your hand. Undoubtedly, I would have had a bigger hassle with his personal check, so it worked out.