W7RST Caution

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w6myn

W7RST Caution

Post by w6myn »

Responds to WTB adds use caution

73 de w6myn
k2gto

Re: W7RST Caution

Post by k2gto »

Interesting. He replied to a WTB ad I posted. Please elaborate why we should use caution...
rdxer

Post by rdxer »

Responds to WTB ads with ridiculously low prices and when deal in made requests paypal to his daughters acct for friends and family status. May or may not be legit so,just be aware and try to make personal contact if possible.Jim..K7RDX..
kg4rmd

Post by kg4rmd »

This person also answered a want ad of mine also,when I asked him his phone number states he is hearing impaired ??
n9owp

Post by n9owp »

I sure wish I had seen this before he "sold" me a radio. I paid him with Paypal and I never received the radio. Now he wont reply to my emails. I got the same story about not being able to use the phone due to a hearing problem. I've never been ripped off by a fellow ham before. Live and learn.
kg4rmd

Post by kg4rmd »

I personally do not believe he is a ham ,too many red flags point to scammer
kc4tt

Post by kc4tt »

He says he is hard of hearing, wants you to pay to his daughters paypal account, can not talk on phone because of bad hearing and so will supply no number for daughter or anyone else and of course just LOOK AT ALL THE POSTS about the guy..I figure he is using a real hams call and does not even have a call ..He nearly got me looks like now that I see these posts and I see also he just got another ham who posted today and he is a friend of mine so I know he is not making it up that he got ripped by this guy..So buy and you lose is all I can figure..