2nd Deceptive Deal on QTH

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N8FVJ

2nd Deceptive Deal on QTH

Post by N8FVJ »

Have not bought anything on QTH since 2002 except two items of late. First item was never shipped. Second deal was deceptive.

Angle camera shot showing mostly the top & part of front hid two ugly scratches behind the tuning knob. The picture was dim and slightly out of focus. Additional pictures I requested conveniently did not have a front panel shot. I stated look like a clean item with no comment from the seller. Seller stated tested receive and briefly keyed up- no smoke. Seller stated did not want to key up beyond briefly due to the old power supply original caps. The receiver did not work at all. I paid a good price for the item as a working & cosmetically clean radio. This radio is not worth $100. The seller was deceptive. I placed a PayPal claim. How many less than honest hams are out there now?
N8FVJ

Re: 2nd Deceptive Deal on QTH

Post by N8FVJ »

Update- Filed claim with Paypal. It has been two days since the seller received return of item. So far seller has refused to acknowledge receipt of item with PayPal. I sent an email to seller to contact PayPal. If they refuse, I will post item, sellers name, call sign and details of the item listed on QTH.
N8FVJ

Re: 2nd Deceptive Deal on QTH

Post by N8FVJ »

I was fortunate. After a prompt from myself, the seller agreed to contact PayPal that the item was returned. PayPal will credit my account in 5 days.