N3DJA Diego Acevedo WHERE ARE YOU?

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W4AJF

N3DJA Diego Acevedo WHERE ARE YOU?

Post by W4AJF »

Hi all, I need help in seeing if anyone knows this gentleman and can reach him. I have his e-mail and phone number but he does not answer:

DIEGO J ACEVEDO N3DJA
720 N 8 ST
ALLENTOWN, PA 18102

About a year ago I sold him an AF unit board to fix his FT-1000D. He got the board and installed it and said the radio now had a different problem. I told him the board worked 100% but I would of course take it back for a full refund but that it was fine. I did not hear from him for about a year (YES, a YEAR!) and on July 23rd this year he e-mailed me and asked if I could send him another of the same board. I called and spoke to him and I was reluctant to send it before he sent the other one back but he pleaded and promised he would send one back one as soon as he installed it. Again, reluctantly I sent it as I am a nice guy. I have called and e-mailed him a few times but he will not answer, perhaps something has happened to him, I am giving him the benefit of the doubt so I am reaching out to any fellows hams who might be able to help.

Please respond or post only if you may know him and can reach him or help me reach him.

Thanks for any help.

Adam Farber W4AJF
Cooper City, FL
adamf@eeco.com
Phone: 954-494-3432
W4AJF

Re: N3DJA Diego Acevedo WHERE ARE YOU?

Post by W4AJF »

Today I received the board back USPS but no paperwork, not a note to tell me anything. I have e-mailed and called Diego a few times but again no answer, wanted to know why he never answered and what his findings were but at this point I give up, I guess I was lucky to get something back. Adam Farber W4AJF