Scam--ka6cop & ke6pb

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
k8cix

Scam--ka6cop & ke6pb

Post by k8cix »

Scam--ka6cop & ke6pb

CAUTION!! ka6cop and ke6pb calls have been hijacked as have the legit email acct.'s These hams would have been in their 80's so possibly deceased. Scammer will try to sell non existant radios by stealing a previous description and pictures from ham swap sites. Then applies for UPS shipper on line but no package ever exists.
K9RLB

Re: Scam--ka6cop & ke6pb

Post by K9RLB »

I know - ke6pb is trying to steal form me right now - paypal dispute / claim already started yesterday. The scammer went so far as to get a UPS tracking number, but never give item to UPS.
N8FVJ

Post by N8FVJ »

Also scammed me out of $150. Have not bought here at QTH in 15 years and get scammed here on second purchase in a week.
K9RLB

Post by K9RLB »

I just spoke with the son of ka6cop - and ka6cop passed away some time ago - - the person trying to use his good name to steal....well....I hope he gets caught - that is pathetic.
N4RMS

Post by N4RMS »

Scammed me for $450.00 on a Kenwood TS-790 in an ad here on QTH.
Never would produce a tracking number. I have also filled out a claim with PayPal.
Maybe if they have enough claims, they will realize the fraud going on and
get this person/s.