RE: Ads placed today by KG2DC

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
ac0ml

RE: Ads placed today by KG2DC

Post by ac0ml »

WARNING: Please note that the ads placed by "KG2DC" today have a different email address than his previous posts. Current ads include a AL-80B and a TS-450. These ads have a email address that is based in Indonesia. opera-mini.net is an email server that is often used by scammers and is not the same address used by KG2DC in all of his previous ads. Also if you look at his shack picture in QRZ you might notice that there is no AL-80B or TS-450 in there! If I'm wrong I apologize, but I Don't Think So!! If it sounds too good to be true it usually is! Follow up is welcomed. I got scammed a couple of weeks ago and this looks like the same M.O.
Thanks,
Ken Porter AC0ML
ac0ml

Re: RE: Ads placed today by KG2DC

Post by ac0ml »

Ads Pulled- Great Job QTH! Hopefully you notified LEO prior to pulling. Let's teach these dirtbags a lesson!
n6mel

Post by n6mel »

My WANTED HF AMP FOR BOY SCOUT STATION. KG2DC responded with an offer, but gave me a Yahoo account that didn't match his name. PayPal advised the account provided did not exist. There are a number of other posting by KG2DC. Is it confirmed he is a scammer?
KG2DC

Post by KG2DC »

Hi I am KG2DC,
Apparently someone is using my call to scam.
N.B. I only use my address in QRZ and will usually post my phone # 631-901-5375
If this is not the case IT IS a Scam
sincerely
Carmine
KG2DC