Tony Miguel W6TTM sale not as advertised

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
ke8aqc

Tony Miguel W6TTM sale not as advertised

Post by ke8aqc »

I recently purchased a Yaesu FT-2600M from Tony Miguel's June 14 2015 ad. The ad read as follows: For sale Yaesu FT-2600 2 meter. For sale is a Yaesu FT-2600m 2 meter mobile. 5/25/55 watts out in excellent condition with manual, hand mike and power cord. No mobile bracket. I emailed Tony looking for details and he was quick to call me via my cell number I had included in my email. Tony described an FT-2600 to me and assured the radio was in excellent condition. Tony was very prompt in mailing out the radio after receiving payment. However after receiving and opening my package i found I had been shipped an FT-2500m radio with an incompatible Mic. I contacted the seller and advised him of this mix up. Tony was quick to say i was wrong and that he sent me a 2600 and he didn't know what i was trying to pull on him. I advised him he sent me an Ft-2500 radio and owner's manual and that i would be more then happy to send him pictures to show it is the radio he sent but he would have no part in this. Tony refused any return and treated me as if I was trying to scam him. With him being of an older gentleman, I have decided to take a loss on the deal. Tony has had great reviews in the past and perhaps this was an honest mistake I will in no way be the judge otherwise. I am disappointed in the differences in the two radios and the sale was not as advertised.
WU7Q

Re: Tony Miguel W6TTM sale not as advertised

Post by WU7Q »

That is surprising. I know Tony personally, and he's always been a stand up guy. Humm.....
ke8aqc

Re: Tony Miguel W6TTM sale not as advertised

Post by ke8aqc »

That would be why I myself said i would not be a judge otherwise. From my conversations with Tony over the telephone he sounds as a great person. However there are huge differences between an Ft2500m and an FT-2600m. Both being of an older Yaesu model and both being out of production for some time I could see how One may get them mixed up and is why I originally said it could have been an honest mistake. As I told him over the phone I believe the FT-2500m to be a solid rig and would be a great radio for somebody but it is not what he advertised. I do however now have a back up 2 meter radio and it was at a great price.

As always 73
James Comer KE8AQC