Beware of K6KHU Lester P. Gideon

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N5HW

Beware of K6KHU Lester P. Gideon

Post by N5HW »

I responded to the below referenced ad and made a deal on the phone. Seller seemed honest but after I paypaled the funds he cut off communication and has not yet shipped the merchandise. I have filed a claim with paypal and am awaiting a refund. 73 Barry N5HW

Listing Number: 1199634
Date Ad was Placed: 05/23/15
Name: Les Gideon
Phone Number: 805-539-3937
Callsign: K6KHU
Category: RADIOHF
Heading: Icom 746 great shape
Ad Message:
Ok, I decided to sell one of my Icom 746, which is this one, and also my Icom 746 PRO that I already offered up for sale. I have two 746 non-pro models, and if you look at my shack, I don't need three radios. So, I am selling this one. I will include the box, manual, power cord, it has the TCXO (CR-282), and 2.8Khz SSB filter installed (FL-103). I do not have the hand mic, but I will give you the SM-20 desk mic to go with it. No trades, I am trying to get rid of things not accumulate more. PayPal only please. You can call me at 805-539-3937 but please no calls in the middle of the night. Pick up near Lompoc, CA or I can ship for $500.00.
N5HW

Re: Beware of K6KHU Lester P. Gideon

Post by N5HW »

Just a follow up note. I see K6KHU is still scamming good hams. I was lucky and used paypal so I got all my $500 back minus the aggravation! I should have been tipped off when I saw he was only a technician class. I will know better next time.
N8FVJ

Re: Beware of K6KHU Lester P. Gideon

Post by N8FVJ »

These scammers will be stopped with a new service available soon.