AJ4Y - BUYER BEWARE!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N4HDA

AJ4Y - BUYER BEWARE!

Post by N4HDA »

I've bought and sold a few times on QTH and for the most part I've had good experiences, this one was not so good. I needed two SP-430 speakers so the ad below seemed to be a good fit for me. I didn't expect new condition, however drug down the road scratches wasn't something I expected either. One speaker was in fair shape cosmetically (as he described) and the other was SEVERLY scratched on the sides and the top, in addition it didn't work as one of the small wires going to the speaker voice coil was broken. To his credit Frank offered a refund less shipping but at this point I've decided to re-paint, repair and re-sell to recoup what I can as one venture with Frank was quite enough for me! If you decide to enter into a purchase with AJ4Y, be careful. I'm not looking for input on this topic, or to get into a p#ssing contest, just want to make others aware of my dealings so they can decide on their own if they want to deal with this person themselves. I search this forum every time I'm ready to deal with someone on QTH, so this is just to try to help the next guy out.

MISC - KENWOOD SP-430
Nice 2 Kenwood SP-430. Some light scratches, but front panel perfect.Like to sell as package deal $115 plus shipping from 27298.
Must pay with posta money order.tnx for reading
Listing #455470 - Submitted on 02/16/05 by Callsign AJ4Y
AJ4Y

WHAT CAN OF LIER ARE YOU.....

Post by AJ4Y »

THIS REPLY IS FOR YOU SKIP, ALSO IT IS FOR THE REAL AMATEUR RADIO OPERATORS OUT THERE, SO THEY KNOW WHO YOU ARE (LIER,LIER)AS YOU KNOW I KEPT EVERY ONE OF THE E-MAIL B/4 AND AFTER THE TRANSACTION BECAUSES SOMETHING WAS TELLING ME THAT YOU WAS A BAD NEWS. I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHO YOU THINK YOU ARE.....WHEN I CALL YOU AND TOLD YOU I SENT YOU THE SPEAKERS . YOU REPLIED BACK ASKING ME IF I HAD SENT PRIORITY MAIL AND I TOLD YOU THAT I DID NOT BECAUSE THE POST OFFICES TOLD ME THAT WILL TAKE SAME TIME FOR YOU TO RECEIVED THEM PRIORITY OR NOT. I GUESS YOU DIDN'T LIKE THAT ANSWER TO MUCH. ALSO, YOU SAID THAT YOU PAID A GOOD PRICE FOR THE SPEAKERS AND YOU KNOW YOU DIDN'T.
(LIER, LIER, LIER) AGAIN, AGAIN, AND AGAIN.
I TOLD YOU TO SEND ME THE SPEAKERS BACK AND I WILL SEND THE MONEY ORDER BACK TO YOU B/4 YOU RECEIVED SPEAKERS, YOU DIDN'T SENT THEM BACK OR E-MAIL ME ON THE ISSUE . I KNOW ABOUT THE POST, BECAUSE A FRIEND TOLD ME ABOUT IT. YOU ARE THE TYPE OF PERSON THAT STAB PEOPLE ON THERE BACK. :?: :?: BUT IT'S OK NOW I KNOW WHAT TYPE OF PERSON YOU ARE, I HAVE BEEN DEALING ON QTH FOR OVER 10 YEARS AND I NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH ANY ONE. LESS FOR 115.00 DOLLARS THAT IS A PACKET CHANGE FOR ME, AS I TOLD YOU IN ONE OF THE E-MAIL JUST WHEN TO HELP YOU OR SOME ONE WHO NEED THE SPEAKERS AND I AM PROUD OF MY CALL SIGN AND NAME SO A SORRY SOUL LIKE YOU TRY TO PUT ME DOWN. (IM NOT ON THE REAP OFF PEOPLE BUSINES)
LET ME GUESS, I SEE I AM JUST DEALING WITH A TECHNICIAN OPERATOR
(OR MAYBE A WHEN IT BE HAM RADIO OPERATOR)THAT HAS THE LICENSE FOR OVER 2 YEARS AND CAN'T EVEN GET IT A UPGRADE.
I REALLY DONT CARE WHAT YOU HAVE POST ON THIS FORUM BECAUSE DEEP DOWN I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I TOLD YOU ON E-MAIL AND ON THE PHONE AND ALSO, I REPEAT, I HAVE COPIES OF EVERY ONE OF THE E-MAILS ON THIS TRANSACTION.
I FEEL FOR OTHER PEOPLE THAT HAVE TO DEAL WITH YOUR SORRY SOUL. :?:
:?: MAY YOU NEED GO BACK TO CHANEL 19
10-4

FRANK A. RAMOS
AJ4Y
WR0T-1

AJ4Y

Post by WR0T-1 »

Bravo Frank....... Well said.... :lol: :lol:
curt

ditto

Post by curt »

I said the same thing and also mentioned the fact I think this forum is run wrong letting falsehoods be printed making this a children’s playground for casting stones and was deleted by the owner.
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Re: ditto

Post by KA9FOX »

curt wrote:I said the same thing and also mentioned the fact I think this forum is run wrong letting falsehoods be printed making this a children’s playground for casting stones and was deleted by the owner.
Speaking of casting stones, you just hit me.

How would you run it differently?

- Scott
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads: https://swap.QTH.com
N4ATS

AJ4Y

Post by N4ATS »

AJ4Y , Turn off your "cap locks" button , your blood pressure will calm down as well. I am a firm believer in reduction of body stress...

You will live longer....

Cheers...
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
hpadron2004

About Frank AJ5Y

Post by hpadron2004 »

I know Frank for more than five years and as me he is been dealing for more than 10 years in this wonderful site but unfortunately sometimes we have to deal hard with some others,as I see he behaved as a gentleman offering to return the guy money order because that small amount is like pocket change for him and avoy been critized severely by here which is not fare at all,the speakers issue had to be solved by email or by phone before writing things over here.Personally I have done several deals with Frank and he always treated me as a gentleman and he never cheated me in any deal at all,when he described the item it was exactly as he did.
An article like this one should not be taken in count when dealing with Frank AJ4Y because he is a good man,period !!!
:evil:
God bless America
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Re: About Frank AJ5Y

Post by KA9FOX »

hpadron2004 wrote:I know Frank for more than five years and as me he is been dealing for more than 10 years in this wonderful site
Technically, I put up the QTH.com classifieds in 1997, so it's not possible for either of you to have been using the site for 10 years. Just a little nit pick. :)

- Scott
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads: https://swap.QTH.com
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

"ALSO IT IS FOR THE REAL AMATEUR RADIO OPERATORS OUT THERE"

I am real curious though , define a "real amateur radio operator"

Now this could be defined as one of two ways.

1) The cheap low down scum type operator who has no money to buy quality ham radio equipment , Is this the REAL amateur radio operator?

2)The typical CB'r who changed over to become a REAL amateur radio operator, Is this the REAL amateur radio operator?

I don't think so , a REAL amateur radio operator becomes friends with other amateur radio operators and resolves issues in a friendly way , KE4FUS was just not willing to go through the mess of sending it back , What should have been done is a few pictures taken , maybe a quick conversation on the phone to describe the massive scratches , verses small scratches , etc , and when he said he was going to have them painted , the response should have been , "OK I offered" and its over.

After looking over the KE4FUS picture on www.qrz.com , it looks to me like he is the REAL amateur radio operator , or maybe working his way up to it. He is pumping cold cash into the ham world by the looks of his equipment. And I see why he is picky about the looks of his equipment as well.

Just my two cents...
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
N4HDA

WHAT CAN OF LIER ARE YOU.....

Post by N4HDA »

Frank, Frank, Frank. How do you figure I'm a liar? I posted the absolute facts about our transaction. I have all of the emails too, maybe you should read them. The plain and simple fact is that you misrepresented the items. Not only did one NOT WORK, but it had scratches that went clean to the metal on both sides and the top, it appeared to have been drug down a gravel road. You my friend, mentioned in your ad (ones you listed multiple times and as of this morning still haven't had the curtesy to the site to delete yet) that there were [Some light scratches]. These you told me were from being next to a radio, GOD help the radio that caused these scratches! You also neglected to mention sir that one speaker didn't work at all, but out of all this I'm the liar?? I've had my license for 12 years and not upgraded, so get it straight. I utilize the license I have where I choose to, no since in upgrading where I wont use it. I did last May however pass the General written missing only one question and taking 8 minutes to complete the exam, but I don't really see where this is of any issue in our transaction. So let's re-cap here, I agreed to pay you $135 for two WORKING and SLIGHTLY scratched speakers shipped via USPS Priority mail insured and double boxed, including the original boxes and cords. You agreed to this and then I mailed you a USPS Postal MO for $135. You shipped me two speakers NOT double boxed but taped together, one of which was scratched VERY BADLY and one that didn't work at all, BUT I'M THE LIAR????? Seek Help Frank, maybe concentrating on your license level has taken it's toll on your sense of reality. As I stated in the original post, this is just to make others aware of my dealings with you before they enter in to any dealings with you. Sure, I could have returned them to you and maybe you'd have sent my refund, but then again both speakers worked, right?? 1 deal with you was enough for me, and I don't need 5 WPM to know that.
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

P.S. I can't remenberr , can REal amater redio opertators spell either? I guess I am disqualified as well....Bummer...
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
AJ4Y

Post by AJ4Y »

:
AJ4Y wrote::x :x :x Well SKIP, I guess that is your real name??? or CB'r HANDLED...I will not going back and foward with you for the simple reason that I have more important things to take care, beside is not need for me to get pump up with all your lies. LIKE IT OR NOT YOU ARE FULLY THAT IS THE REASON YOU DIDN'T GET BACK WITH ME.
You can't talk to me about curtesy, look you self SKIP or ALFRED.
IF YOU DIDN'T LIKE THE DEAL YOU SHOULD CALL ME OR E-MAIL ME JUST THE SAME WAY I COMUNICATED WITH YOU THROUGH THE ALL TRANSACTION.
BUT YOU DIDN'T (Let me guess you told MAYBE I going to take you $135.00 DOLLARS :shock: :shock: :shock: ) GOD BLESS ME. BIG $$$$$ it look like I need the money very bad.
They are many Amateur Operators that I have dealing with and never have any problem with them. I guest all ways it's a 1st time done it? :?: :o
JUST LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD TEACHING YOU HAD GIVE ME
I just learning something that I will never sell anything to another buyer with out looking at what they are buying.

AJ4Y
Last edited by AJ4Y on Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
N2PET

?

Post by N2PET »

What does how much money someone has define them as either "good" or "bad" operator? Please tell me how this works? In my opinion it is irrelevant how much $$ someone has!! May hold water in your world... But not in mine :roll: Not meaning to troll but........ What if... We rated someones socio economic rating by their ability to spell and use proper english?? Think about that!! :roll:
AJ4Y

Post by AJ4Y »

[size=18][/size]
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

AJ4Y , You said... "I just learning something that I will never sell anything to another buyer with out looking at what they are buying. "

How much is that stuff a bag? I want some....I think you just blew everything you said above.
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
AJ4Y

Post by AJ4Y »

N4ATS(WILLIAM) Well you know what I mean by....BUT IF YOU LIKE TO TAKE IT THE OTHER WAY I WILL BE GLAD TO HELP YOU AND SEND YOU THE SAINT CLOUD FL P.D.# IM SURE THEY WILL SELL YOU SOME.
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

AJ4Y , Thats not needed , however I am concerned about your health. There goes that "cap lock" button again. You need to relax and read what you write before you post it. I just get a kick out of some of these posts, that keeps me "high" enough...Thanks for the offer though. We shall give it a rest.
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
Porky

Post by Porky »

AJ4Y[quote]"(IM NOT ON THE REAP OFF PEOPLE BUSINES)
LET ME GUESS, I SEE I AM JUST DEALING WITH A TECHNICIAN OPERATOR
(OR MAYBE A WHEN IT BE HAM RADIO OPERATOR)THAT HAS THE LICENSE FOR OVER 2 YEARS AND CAN'T EVEN GET IT A UPGRADE"

AJ4Y[quote]"BUT IT'S OK NOW I KNOW WHAT TYPE OF PERSON YOU ARE, I HAVE BEEN DEALING ON QTH FOR OVER 10 YEARS AND I NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH ANY ONE. LESS FOR 115.00 DOLLARS THAT IS A PACKET CHANGE FOR ME

I don't have a dog in this fight, but, I'm compelled to be a "participant observer" if you will. I have read the thread and have come to the conclusion that I must have missed the part on my application that stated my financial status was taken into account before I was qualified to become a "Amateur Radio Operator"! Maybe this is a new requirement for the new recruits? I don't know, but had it been a requirement 25 years or so ago I surely would have not been allowed to hold my ticket that I, may I add, cherish deeply.

I have many "Ham" friends and their tickets have ranged from the old "Novice" class on up to "Extra" class and not one of them has said that I'm not worthy of being an "Amateur Operator" because I'm "ONLY" a "TECHNICIAN". Maybe that's all done "behind my back"? I doubt that very seriously, my "Amateur" friends are better than that!!

AJ4Y[quote]"JUST LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD TEACHING YOU HAD GIVE ME
I just learning something that I will never sell anything to another buyer with out looking at what they are buying".

Maybe this is the root of the whole problem? If you are selling something to someone, I would presume that you are looking at it to be able to give an accurate description. If not, then there is where the problem lies! AJ4Y didn't know the speakers were all scratched and one wasn't working because he didn't look at them & try them out before listing them!

Just my thoughts, from the "what it's worth" dept.

KA4ZSG (AKA "Porky")

73, "10-4"
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

Well , Pork , He may have been abducted , you know when they (Aliens) perform brain and body scans , it does in fact cause people to forget stuff.

If you don’t believe me , look it up on www.google.com . People get abducted at an alarming rate in this country.

So really , it is NOT his fault at all.
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
VE3TMT

Another pi**ing contest

Post by VE3TMT »

Just send the speakers back and get your money back. Never deal with this guy again and you are both happy.
Last edited by VE3TMT on Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VE3TMT

Dictionary for sale

Post by VE3TMT »

Funk & Wagnall Standard Edition Dictionary for sale. This is the two book edition. Very rare, as it would seem by some of the posts on here.

Now, getting back to our story...

If someone sent me an item that was not as described I would call that misrepresentation as well. There are limits as to the condition of gear as described, but it sounds to me like the buyer got hosed. Unfortunately, we really don't have much recourse in matters like this, and it usually results in a pi**ing contest in the forum. But I do appreciate the feedback from other buyers, whether good or bad. I just plain stay away from individuals of this type.

I once trade a Yaesu FT900 in mint condition for a so called "mint" TS440S. I know, I know, dumb move. But I wanted the 440 to match the TS711A I had at the time. Well the 440 I got began suffering the dreaded "dots" syndrome shortly after powering it up. The seller told me "well it was working yesterday, I made some contacts on 12m. It must have happened during shipping" Yeah right. After spending countless evenings and weekends trying to fix it I just gave up. I listed it for sale on this board, fully informing any interested parties as to its problem. It was purchased by a ham down south, can't remember his call, and I never did find out whether he got it working or not. I purchased what was supposed to mint but wasn't. I sold it completely as described and got some of my money back.

You don't have to have a mint or excellent piece of gear to sell it. Just advertise it as it is and you don't run into this kind of problem.

Just my .02

BTW, the dictionaries really aren't for sale. I would never part with them. They are "keepers".
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

I must agree , however he clearly stated "he did not look at the items before he sold them" , now if it was me , I would send them back IF he paid shipping , have him look at them , then give me a fair price deal if I deside to buy them. This would be a fair exchange.
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
Porky

Post by Porky »

Oh, you are absolutely correct N4ATS. And when that happens, the end results usually manifest itself in an ignorance form! And everyone knows that ignorance causes stress which would also account for the Capital letters. Proper Preparation is needed for a good foundation for a successful transaction. Anything less can be instrumental in an unsuccessful and distasteful transaction for all parties involved which was the case at hand. When current conditions are taken into account, then the outcome can be none other than what has become apparent. That being said, I believe the end result was not only predictable but unavoidable. Beware of "sounds from above"!
73 10-4 KA4ZSG ( AKA "Porky" )
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

Very well said , Pork , you get a standing ovation.
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
Porky

Post by Porky »

Oh yes, and thanks for the loan of the set of "Funk & Wagnall" standard edition there VE3TMT. They sure came in handy. On my returning them, I trust you found them in the same condition as prior to lending. As far as the TS-440S dreaded "Dots" syndrome, I had a very good Tech. that had gotten that problem solved, no problem. He has my utmost respect as a Tech. and "square shooter". It's just too bad that he has retired from Tech.ing! People with personal "integrity "like that, sure are getting few and far between as this thread exemplifies!

73 10-4 KA4ZSG ( AKA "Porky" )