blindhorse_989@yahoo.com

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KB2VYZ

blindhorse_989@yahoo.com

Post by KB2VYZ »

Just a fair warning about this individual, goes buy the name Lynn, had an add for a swap for a Yaesu FT-7800 for swap for a Kenwood TH-F6A (and later posted for a Kenwood T7). After a little research, I found that there was not a single HAM anywhere with the name P. L. Willard (Which was the name she provided in her mailing address which will be posted below. I reasearched the phone number and address and phone number she supplied and with a little searching I discovered her name is Pamela Lois Willard of Cave Springs, AR (Where did the name Lynn come from) Had I know this was a non-HAM to begin with there would have been a 0% chance of any transaction even being discussed. Just wanted to give other HAMS the heads up. Below is the information she provided me (I will not put her phone number on here since no equipment changed hands).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have two addresses if you send usps my address is p.l.willard box279 cave springs,ar 72718

ups address is physical address P.L. Willard 377 north main cave springs, ar 72718

you can send either way.

I will send out today usps pri to your qrz address,

thanks so much. lynn

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heres saying she shipped her item:

Just shipped the yaesu 7800r off this afternoon. Just to let you know its on it way
usps pri mail// thanks.. lynn

This item was supposedly shipped on 3/16/05

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I asked for the tracking number for the package this was the reply:

Yes i shipped today and delivery comformation. have to find my paper to give you
the number, thanks lynn

Just wanted to give other HAMS the heads up!

73 de Frank/KB2VYZ
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!! They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa!!! To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time...
W4SJJ

Scammer

Post by W4SJJ »

Hi Frank, I emailed the so called lady Lynn also, She game me the same mailing address and phone, But I called the phone number twice and both times I got a message the this number had been disconnected, She wanted me to send my item write away, after finding the number was bogus, I told her something was fishy with her and told here to find someone else to trade with or sell the make belive item to,, That ad disappeared sfter that email also,, Just wanted to let Hams know about this person Cave Springs,AR, not even a ham..
Hope this stops someone from being ripped off.
WR0T-1

Cave Springs AR ?

Post by WR0T-1 »

Cave Springs Arkansas, population 23. I am not sure if they even have phones (home type). Most use cell phones...

Neither I or anyone else that I know are aware of any hams in Cave Springs (bout 5 miles away as the Crow flies)
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Why deal with non-hams?

Post by KA9FOX »

If you are truly interested in not getting ripped off, you will read the KA9FOX Safe Trading Tips here on this board... http://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?t=12

It says right there... don't deal with non-hams.

Our friend Lynn (aka Pam Willard) has no call. The trading deal should not have gone past the first e-mail without asking what her callsign is. And when she didn't come up with one, it should have been the end of the story as far as I'm concerned.

- Scott KA9FOX
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads: https://swap.QTH.com