W5YMB - Anyone Deal with Ron Recently?

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w0bkr

W5YMB - Anyone Deal with Ron Recently?

Post by w0bkr »

Wondering if anyone knows Ron, is he okay, etc/ Bought an item from him and can't get a response now. Like to know either way what is going on as I have to move on soon with this project for a disabled ham a friend and mine are trying to help. Hope Ron is okay. Just curious what may be going on if anything.... :?:
k2gto

Re: W5YMB - Anyone Deal with Ron Recently?

Post by k2gto »

Ron and I have dealt several times and the last I heard from him was April 22, 2015. I just emailed him - will let you know if he replies.
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

I had emailed him and I know he is slow in responding. He mentioned he was having health issues, don't we all. I had a heart attack a month ago and reeling from all that (procedures, meds, you name it). Didn't see that coming. Just hope he is okay. I had purchased something from him but to date, haven't heard from him. Another chap contacted me about a tranaction Ron had with this other fellow, he too is concerned something happened.

Really sorry to hear if he is ill, etc. but someone should check on him...hope he had family near by, etc.
NZ8J

Post by NZ8J »

I have had several dealings with Ron over the years and he is as honest as they come, if he hasn't responded to emails I would suspect there is something else going on.
Tim
NZ8J
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

Exactly, why I am inquiring....hopefully, someone will go check on his status and post some info...I too suspect something health related happened to him...not going to bug him with 100 emails (no point) or call....if he is ill, etc. that isn't helping him....hopefully he is on the mend and will respond to folks, if that is the case..
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

At this point, I suspect some serious health issue has come up with Ron. No one has heard from him, no responses to emails. I don't feel comfortable calling (not that intimate with him or his family) and bugging him if it is a serious medical situation. Hopefully, all will turn out okay for Ron (and family).
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

Disappeared...no idea what has happened to ROn but I suspect a health issue....
Someone that knows him might want to check on his status..

GL
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

CUMMINGS
Ron Leroy Cummings, age 81, passed away on Monday, May 11, 2015 at his home in San Antonio, Texas. He was born on July 17, 1933.
A graveside service was held on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 at Oakwood Cemetery in Comanche, Texas.
He is survived by his daughter, Suzette Dupre and husband, Anthony Dupre of Pipe Creek, Texas; his son, Shawn Cummings and wife, Wendy Cummings of Diana, Texas; along with five grandchildren, Timothy Dupre, Nicole Dupre, Aaron Dupre, Joshua Dupre and Andrew Cummings.

Published 5/21/2015
Commanche Chief Newspaper

Ron is a SK unfortunately. Sorry to read that.