Rotor Guru - Peter Adley W2HP

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KA4AZY

Rotor Guru - Peter Adley W2HP

Post by KA4AZY »

Pete (W2HP) lists and sells quite a few of the Hygain rotors here on QTH and that other site (Eham). Pete says that he stands behind his rebuilt rotors. Guess what - He does!

I purchased one of Pete's rebuilt Hygain Ham IV rotor and control box sets. It was quite some time before I got to unpack the rotor/control box and op check it on the bench. The set was very nicely finished - however - when op checking the rotor on the bench -- I managed to get the rotor jammed in one direction. I contacted Pete - who directed me to send it back right away. Pete inspected the setup, corrected the issue (replaced the rotor) - and returned the set - all within several days.

No matter how many items a person might build, rebuild, process, etc- there's going to be that occasional one that goes wrong. What separates the excellent sellers from the questionable sellers - is how they handle a followup action. In this case - Peter Adeley - W2HP - is in the excellent class.

If you don't want to shell out the bucks for a new (and most likely overpriced) rotator - seriously consider one of Pete's Hygain rotators.... you won't go wrong.

Sincerely, Ken Hunter, KA4AZY
w2hp

Re: Rotor Guru - Peter Adley W2HP

Post by w2hp »

I see ken posted .a nice word for me. Well Ken is a gentleman even with a inoperative rotor I sent. Seems the AC cap shorted. They dry up but shorted? Hardly ever. Ken got a new unit and it was a pleasure having contact with him.