..............Beware.................

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KD0ZBC

..............Beware.................

Post by KD0ZBC »

Hi,

Your address have been noted down for shipping in here.
You can proceed payment through USPS money to the name and address below
Name: Maryjo Mellor
Address:5700 windy gorge street Las vegas, Nevada 89149.

After payment get back to me a scan copy of the Money order slip as i
will proceed shipping in here.

Tnx and 73
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This person tried to sell me a mfj-828 using Paul's call k2fx ..... Best Regard's , ... KD0ZBC ...
ham1630

Re: ..............Beware.................

Post by ham1630 »

Just a dumb question, but why hasn't the LV police department been contacted?
KD0ZBC

Post by KD0ZBC »

Go 4 it info right in front of ya ,,
KD0ZBC

Post by KD0ZBC »

ham1630 wrote:Just a dumb question, but why hasn't the LV police department been contacted?

.....................read da rules.......................
LVPD90

Post by LVPD90 »

As an Ex Las Vegas police officer, I am saying, there is no victim. There was no transaction made. The only person that could complain, would be the ham that was impersonated. Even that charge would have to be proven. I'm sure he doesn't want to go to court in Las Vegas. He would have to file a complaint. The DA would most likely pass on the charge unless there is a substantial loss to someone. :|
KD0ZBC

Post by KD0ZBC »

Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules. :roll:
KD0ZBC

Post by KD0ZBC »

Jan 27 at 6:45 PM

To all stations that have reported to me that a scammer has been using my callsign in an attempt to defraud you and others on QTH, I wanted to provide an update. I have taken information received from all of you, and filed a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3). I’ve attached a PDF of the complaint for your records.

Thanks again for all of your help, and let’s hope that this individual is soon stopped! Any information I may receive in this case will be forwarded to you all.

Paul Jason Kolacki-K2FX

ARRL WNY Official Observer Coordinator

2571 Kenyon Road

Ontario, NY 14519

k2fx@arrl.net

http://www.radiok2fx.co
K2FX

Post by K2FX »

The Las Vegas address is fake as well. It would do no good to report that to Las Vegas police. The way to catch scammers is to report information to IC3, PayPal, FB I etc... Computer forensics, IP Addresses, etc... Keeping copies of all emails received from the scammers as evidence.
Best 73!
Paul, K2FX