Beware Scammer using KE0AAM & K4JY call/names

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
wb4iuy

Beware Scammer using KE0AAM & K4JY call/names

Post by wb4iuy »

I posted an ad, looking for a part for an old Gonset amp. Got an email from a guy using the email of K4JY@gmail.com with the "reply to" showing "CHARLES J CURRAN, JR"...but signing at the bottom of the email as Mike KE0AAM. I contacted Mike, and it wasn't him. I've reached out to the "real" Charles K4JY", but no reply, yet.

This clown is claiming to be in Las Vegas. Says he can't send a pic of the part for some reason, but has it for sale in "good shape". Couldn't answer any questions about it that a real owner could. I found he's tried the same stunt on Art NS7E, see Art's note below:

Listing Number: 1166864
Date Ad was Placed: 11/24/14
Name: Arthur Ripple
Callsign: NS7E
Category: RADIOHF
Heading: WANTED TS-950SDX Working or not
Ad Message:
Removing add there were so many Scammers calling I gave up
one was using k4jy call CHARLES J CURRAN, JR by making a GMAIL account of
k4jycharles at gmail.com tried to make me send usps money order to Las Vagus different NAME>MARYJO MELLOR
ADDRESS>5700 WINDY GORGE STREET LAS VEGAS,NEVADA 89149
plus price was 560 for a nice one !!!!!!! if its to good to be true its a SCAM hihi
WANTED PREFERRED WORKING TS-950SDX BUT WOULD CONSIDER NONWORKING CALL ME WITH WHAT YOU have please?
Art

Broken english, etc. Beware of this scammer...

Dave