BEWARE, BE VERY LEERY of "WA2TTI" GERALD H HARLEY

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
curt

BEWARE, BE VERY LEERY of "WA2TTI" GERALD H HARLEY

Post by curt »

This guy blasted me on this forum because he is out a measly $12 and here is the story of why he’s out $12. He was posting amateur gear and claiming this stuff is NIB or damn close to it. He gives a phone number but will not return calls saying he doesn’t have long distance service. No long distance service in today’s world should raise ones eyebrow. I am looking and have been looking for a mint everything TS830S station, having found two 830’s both needing repaired that were supposed to be as new, mint, like nib. That’s what I was told only to have to have them sent out for repair to work properly, which is not cheap. So when this guy sends me a few emails, which I still have, that he has a NIB AT230 tuner, well, I am skeptical given recent history. My curiosity peaked and I’m thinking maybe just maybe he’s for real. After several emails and very short answers and one phone call that was never returned, I guess I lost my mind and sent off the $259 he was crying about. I anxiously await the package’s arrival and when it finally comes and upon opening it, I am not even mad just dumb founded that this is the third time I feel like a moron for believing what I’m told. From this point I guess I lost my mind because I could have but didn’t document every last detail for proof, proof that would have come in handy right now. I only have my good word and my good feedback rating on eBay to back up my statements. I looked at this tuner and just shook my head in disbelief and then carefully packed and taped it exactly the way it arrived “as per a UPS employee friend‘s recommendation”. I called UPS to come and get it thus avoiding the additional costs of believing this guy’s falsehoods. I have a AT230. I told him I already have AT230 and I would only be interested in a NIB or close to it AT230, he says he has one. His emails are very short emails but that’s what he said. This supposedly nib tuner made the one I already have look new. It was a dirty mess with what looked like dried up food spills all over the front panel, sort of like someone threw up on it and never cleaned it but let it dry like that. At that point I am thinking if this guy can do this to me, lie like this, then he will never give my money back, common sense dictates this, in my mind it did anyway. So I go the trouble and expense of stopping payment on a money order. If you think that is easy, try it sometime, it’s not, but with money and effort I did it. He cashed that money order and it bounced and that’s why he was charged the $12. I did email him and told him exactly what I did and why, but he seemed to cash the check with lightning speed like he was afraid I would open the box too fast. He got his filthy tuner back, he only lost $12 and a little time. Well just today did I receive my refund from the money order people, which prompted this writing refuting his twisted and slanted version. AFTER the fact he tells me he is selling for an 88 year old man and is trying to do this old timer a favor, trying to make me feel bad, look bad or feel stupid when in fact he is the one to blame! If he would have answered his phone or returned a call or answered an email with complete details, then this all could have been avoided because I would have not even bothered had I known the exact facts beforehand. He had the nerve to say I caused trouble, what a joke this guy is. He is no salesman and will never make a PR person. Throwing my name around when he was 90% to blame is why I wrote this, to balance his spin.
VE3TMT

Post by VE3TMT »

I have seen his ads on here many times. I too would be a little skeptical of someone who says they have no long distance service. No long distance, yet internet service..hmmmm

Only setting you up for the lack of communication that is going to take place after he stiffs you.
curt

Post by curt »

ve3tmt wrote:I have seen his ads on here many times. I too would be a little skeptical of someone who says they have no long distance service. No long distance, yet internet service..hmmmm

Only setting you up for the lack of communication that is going to take place after he stiffs you.

Well if you would had communicated a lot better this could have all have been avoided. It seems it pains you to answer in more than ten words like your response here for instance. We both got back what we wanted, your tuner or the old timers and my money. I do have the proof with the emails that I asked you to look at the old timers item first but you refused, which was your fault and my fault for going on blind faith. From this point we should end this incident and move on minus the bashing which does nothing.

Curt/k3ey
Terry

I too tried to deal with this fellow.

Post by Terry »

I wasted three phone calls trying to buy some "silent Key items" No answer and no return calls. My wife ask me why I considered sending a MO out under those conditions. Sure glad I have a smart wife. 73 all, Terry
curt

Re: I too tried to deal with this fellow.

Post by curt »

Terry wrote:I wasted three phone calls trying to buy some "silent Key items" No answer and no return calls. My wife ask me why I considered sending a MO out under those conditions. Sure glad I have a smart wife. 73 all, Terry

Yep, she's a pistol no doubt about that there fact sonny
hpadron2004

no answer to long distance calls and lack of honesty offers

Post by hpadron2004 »

Well that is why I trust with my eyes closed to my clever wife who always see the bad deals in advance,so far I haven't lost any money in bad deals but you never know,all kind of scammers are in this site,keep your eyes open and don't trust in the "brand new in the box" good luck .

Hector
AD4C
God bless America