Bad experience with K8DXR Howard Miller

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W4AJF

Bad experience with K8DXR Howard Miller

Post by W4AJF »

Here are the FACTS of what happened: I sent Howard Miller K8DXR a bank check for an FT-2000 he was selling that he advertised that "plays like a new one". He did ship promptly and sent me the tracking number, that part was fine. When the radio was delivered by UPS I IMMEDIATELY (within minutes) unpacked it and put it on the bench for testing as I always do. I found that the radios receiver was virtually dead. I then IMMEDIATELY e-mailed Howard to tell him of my findings. He e-mailed back a little later to tell me the radio worked fine for him but did not offer any sort of help in any form or ask any questions at all, so I could see what I was in for. I explained that I was not accusing him of anything but simply stating the fact that the radio did not work properly and that the seller of course had a responsibility to make sure the buyer gets the equipment in the working condition that was promised to him. He did not respond.

I am not asking for people to post any comments, I am merely informing as to what happened so if you decide to buy anything from him if he offers something for sale you can see how this transaction was handled.

Thanks for listening.

Adam Farber W4AJF
Cooper City, FL
adamf@eeco.com