R&L Electronics

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
AI4EM

R&L Electronics

Post by AI4EM »

Hello Everyone and thanks for reading my post..

Let me first start by I went to the R&L Electronics website and as soon as you come in there is a 2/440 dual band base antenna listed there JTB2 $54.95

Well, I read the specs and they are ok,,, so I order the antenna,,,

no problem

I got an email with the tracking number

no problem

Today got the antenna,, when I open the big round cylinder that the antenna came in...

I see the antenna,,, I notice that the antenna has been open already? when I check the instructions it tells you what hardware comes with the antenna to mount it,,, well,, I am supposed to have 3 radials (only 2 came in the antenna package...) makes you wonder if they sold you a antenna that someone else return or a demo antenna because why would it be missing a radial when the package comes seal?

I have send email to R& L Electronics in Ohio,,, no reply so far...

Now, my weekend that I was going to spend installing this antenna and screw up thanks to R&L Electronics, because before you ship an item to a customer you should check it out to make sure everything is in order before shipping the antenna. :(

Hopefully I get a reply back... and at least they can mail me a Radial so that I have the 3 that the antenna requires... :(

Miguel, AI4EM
w8wam

R&L ELECTRONICS

Post by w8wam »

Miguel,
I am not taking sides with you or R&L. But they have an 1-800 number had you not E mailed them and called they may have sent the missing part overnight. and your weekend may have not been wasted. . The time wasted making this petty post may have got you the part.
Best Regards,
Robin Madden w8wam
AI4EM

answer from R&L Electronics

Post by AI4EM »

Well, the only reply I got back today was that the office manager will handle this when he comes in and that was it..

I will call the 1-800 number if by monday no reply from Manager
Terry

R&L Electronics

Post by Terry »

First of all, I am not on any sides. I have been dealing with the major ham sales companys for over 25 years. I have had minor trouble with most all of them. I can go on and on and explain all of the cases but I will not. I will talk about R&L only. I ordered an HT from R&L. when I recieved the HT it did not have a battery. I called and they sent a replacement the first day. I ordered an antenna from them and they sent the wrong one. "one that cost about three times more than the one I ordered". I called them and they sent the carrier out the same day to get the antenna. The next day the proper one came. with a nice letter of thanks. In bussiness transactions things happen. EVERYONE should have a chance to make the deal right. 73, Terry N8ERM
PS, Play Nice
AI4EM

Reply from R&L electronics

Post by AI4EM »

Hello, Terry

This I got Saturday,,, since the antenna came in Friday evening:

I have forwarded this email to our manager and will talk to him as soon as
he gets in. He or I will then get back to you to let you know.

Sorry for the problem, these come prepackaged so apparently it was sent to
us that way.

Paul
websales@randl.com
R&L Electronics
(800)221-7735

So far no reply back...

I also got a reply from Jetstream the company that makes the antenna which I contacted as well and they reply back saying that R&L will be mailing me the missing part.. Today because of being a holiday is out.. so hopefully I get my radial and I be in good shape..

Thanks for the thoughts and opinions

Miguel, AI4EM
AI4EM

Finnaly I get the answer

Post by AI4EM »

Well, finally I got the answer

We are shipping you a replacement radial via UPS. I will try to assure that
it goes out with today's UPS pickup.

Sorry for the inconvenience, we can only assume it was missing when they
were shipped to us.

Paul
websales@randl.com
R&L Electronics
(800)221-7735

So, now my antenna will be complete...

Miguel, ai4em
hpadron2004

MISSING ANTENNA RADIAL

Post by hpadron2004 »

Yes its true anyone can make mistakes but a reputable dealer like R&L should have checked the antenna package before shiping to avoy the unpleaseant announce in this site,that definitively will improve customers quality service,hope they can read my advice and for future deals they do that,Mike lost his weekend and we all knew about a bad job from a dealer,all that could have been saved IF they have checked the merchandise before.
:roll:
God bless America
N5KBP

Re: MISSING ANTENNA RADIAL

Post by N5KBP »

hpadron2004 wrote:Yes its true anyone can make mistakes but a reputable dealer like R&L should have checked the antenna package before shiping to avoy the unpleaseant announce in this site,that definitively will improve customers quality service,hope they can read my advice and for future deals they do that,Mike lost his weekend and we all knew about a bad job from a dealer,all that could have been saved IF they have checked the merchandise before.
:roll:
Then you would have some idiot raising hell about the box being opened.

Marty
N5KBP
hpadron2004

R&L

Post by hpadron2004 »

hahahahahahahaha you have made me laugh histerically,yes idiots are all over,you never know how people will react,that's a fact.
God bless America