KB6RDI Derek Halvorson Scammer

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N5KBP

KB6RDI Derek Halvorson Scammer

Post by N5KBP »

On 09/05/14 I responded to ad #1152333 here on QTH for a Icom 746. Derek Halvorson, KB6RDI responded to me immediately and we made a deal. I paid him via Paypal on the morning of 09/06/14. He promised prompt shipping. Since then he will not answer emails or phone messages. Paypal says he created a shipping label but never shipped. I have filed a Paypal claim against him. It has come to my attention that he has sold the same rig to multiple people so he is definitely a scammer. look out. FWIW the ad is still up along with 3 others from him 1152334,1152333,1151930,1151733.
Marty
N5KBP
LVPD90

Re: KB6RDI Derek Halvorson Scammer

Post by LVPD90 »

He is doing the same thing with an AL-800 which is currently posted on QTH. He is also on Eham with postings. Maybe he's trying for a grand slam?