BEWARE KF4UO * RAY* Florida

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
NY4PD

BEWARE KF4UO * RAY* Florida

Post by NY4PD »

I feel obligated to inform the ham radio community about Ray KF4UO of his conduct. I apologize for the novel so I will try to make this short. On 8-9-14 KF4UO Ray came to the hamfest and took out several items and placed them on my table without even asking for him to sell. No big deal I let that go. During the hamfest he really liked the Drake Station that I was selling and stated that he wanted it. He tells his wife " Honey show him show him!" it was an ATM receipt showing that they had 27,000 dollars in there checking. He said Ricky " Im good for it come on you know me let me send you a check on 8-20-14" not to embarrass him I didn't question why if he has 27,000 dollars in his checking do I have to wait 11 days for payment. With that said I agreed. What a mistake. After a few days I called KF4UO many many times to make sure that he was going to send the check. He did not responded or return any of my calls or texts. On 8-14-14 we finally spoke and it was to inform me that he wanted an amplifier that I was selling also and if I can send him the microphone for the Drake set. I said " No problem. He stated that he will come to my house on 8-20-14 to pick up the amplifier and pay me for the Drake station and for the amp all together. Again no problem I agreed. On -20-14 KF4UO Ray showed up to my home and was here for hours looking thru my collection of radios and testing them because he wanted to purchase more. He was here appx 3 hours maybe 4. In any event after testing appx 6 radios he picked the one that he wanted and a MS-4 speaker. Being that he drove to my home and I know him to be a nice guy I gave it to him for 125.00. He was elated. So now its payment time Im expecting a check now for appx 1,500.00 and he hands me a check for 375.00. I was like WT_. I said " Ray where is the money for the Drake Station? He said he changed his mind he cant afford it. Mind you he had the radio for 11 days and just 4 days before that he asked me to ship the microphone which cost me 12.35. I expressed my concerns about him having the radio for 11 days and that I had turned away buyers that wanted the radio but I would do it this time but I wasn't happy. So why ask me to ship the microphone 4 days earlier if you knew you was going to return the radio. I don't get it. So now part 2 he wants the amplifier and the drake for 625.00 and I agreed. Again he hands me the check for 375.00 stating that he gets paid in 2 weeks and I would have the balance on 9-1-14. So now I have to wait another 11 days for my money. Geez. When he left I requested that if he could please ship my microphone back as I need to test the radio again being that he had it for 11 days. He stated ok. A couple of days goes by and no microphone. I called KF4UO no answer voicemail. I sent texts also no answer. This went on for 12 days no return calls no microphone no check. I called a ham in south Florida that I know and the first thing he said was ": I hope you didn't give him any gear!!!!" he also informed me of other dealing that Ray KF4UO has done locally and burned other hams. So this ham called KF4UO on another line and of course Ray answered his call. He told Ray " Listen I don't know whats going on but I do know Rick KJ4OIE is really pissed and is looking to press charges against you!!! You better call him. Ray responded I have been trying to call him he never picks up his phone Liar liar liar then he asked this ham for my number. How the hell did you call me if your claiming that you don't know my number. So KF4UO Ray calls me in his sad voice stating that he has family problems and that's why he did not return my calls. I expressed my concerns with " Where is my money and my microphone? He stated that he sent me the microphone and I should have it the next day. Now the money. Ok Ray where is my money for the Amplifier you took that day and the Drake and the speaker. Guess what he told me " He stated that he changed his mind and he doesn't want the radio and he was going to return it to me. I told him that I am not taking back yet another radio that he had for weeks again. I told him that I have this check here for 375.00 that I am not going to cash because I don't trust him. Who knows he might say that was full payment so I did not cash it. I said please send me a money order for 625.00 and lets put this behind us already and he agreed. I thought about it and I said Ray " do this only send me 600.00 use the 25.00 and overnight me the money order. I want this over. He agreed. This took place on 9-3-14. Well here it is 9-4-14 and no money order after he told me he sent it overnight. I text him and he responded with the tracking number. I checked and he sent it first class. I called him and asked him why did he night overnight it? No real answer so I told him " so you sent me 625.00 then right? he said no only 600.00. KF4UO stole another 25.00 from me. Then he had the flippimg nerve to tell me that Im going to get my money and why am I harassing him. WHAT A PIECE OF GARBAGE. NOW HE WANTS TO PLAY VICTIM. ITS ALMOST 30 DAYS AND I HAVE NO MONEY. KF4UO should be banned from qth and qrz. He should be banned from future Hamfest. He is dishonest, liar and a thief. One last thing believe it or not it pains me to write all this but when you start ripping people off that just takes me to another level. I hope everyone sees this and let him stick to EBAY where dishonesty is accepted.
NY4PD

Re: BEWARE KF4UO * RAY* Florida

Post by NY4PD »

Well today is 9-5-14 and I received a money order for 600.00. Of course he shorted me the other 25.00. Plus the 12.35 for shipping the mic to him which took 2 weeks for me to get back that he never evened opened the box when I sent it to him. This is just an update. Lets see if I have a problem with his money order. I will keep you updated.
wa4wip

Re: BEWARE KF4UO * RAY* Florida

Post by wa4wip »

Lesson learned???? Always get payment before handing over equipment.
Dick WA4WIP