VK2AZH is a Pirate - Beware

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
vk2uw

VK2AZH is a Pirate - Beware

Post by vk2uw »

A person using the call VK2AZH is a pirate, he tried to make out that he has an American accent.
After checking on the ACA data base for the call VK2AZH it showed nothing.
He said that he had been in Australia for 5 weeks and would be here for another 2 weeks.

When asked for his USA call he gave W4DK, this I looked up on both QRZ.com and the ARRL data base, it came up with an email address so I emailed the owner of the call W4DK, he informed me that he was at home in the USA and not in Australia.
I hope this saves W4DK a lot of embarasment.

It pays to be wary.
Thanks
Chris Wright VK2UW
Chris Wright
VK2UW