PAIR OF SCAMMERS KF7HPT and KV7L

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
LVPD90

PAIR OF SCAMMERS KF7HPT and KV7L

Post by LVPD90 »

This is the ad I responded to:

Listing Number: 1132136
Date Ad was Placed: 05/18/14
Name: joe dimatteo
Phone Number: 541 589 3850
Callsign: KF7HPT
Category: AMPHF
Heading: ameritron al800h
Ad Message:
new in the box al800h 2 eimac 3cx800a7 taken out tested put back in box never been on the air!!! 1500 watts out+++ $1900.00 plus shipping no trades usps money order no sale out of usa.price is firm no tire kickers do not waste my time or yours
joe
kf7hpt
541 589 3850

My e-mail response to this ad was: Do I understand this ad correctly, this is a new AL-800H just out of the box.
Joe's e-mail response: You read the ad correctly.

I called Joe Dimatteo and asked " how old is the amplifier"? He said "three years old". I said WOW, that's been on the shelf for some time, but I'll take the amplifier. Can we do PayPal? He said "I think yes, I'll ask the owner Lynn Apperson, KV7L". Lynn responded back through Joe, that we couldn't use his PayPal, but he needed a cashier's check, but a COD was OK.
The amplifier arrived several days later. When I assembled the amplifier, I noticed the date codes on the tubes were 14 years old. I thought maybe Ameritron pulled a fast one, but I also noticed the old style tank circuit. That +++ part, amp. just makes it to legal limit, no more, a little day dreaming there. When I put the amplifier on the air, I noticed both lamps in the metering circuit were burned out on this "NEW", "CHECKED OUT" amplifier. I then called Joe Dimatteo, KF7HPT and told him that I had been mislead. This is a old amplifier, not new out of the box. He said he hadn't realized how old the amp actually was. I then asked him why had he said it was THREE years old? If I had known that, I would not have bought it. Which is why I specifically asked the question. At this point he agreed to refund me some of my money back, as soon as he received some cash from another item he was currently selling on line. The long and the short of it is that I never received anything. When I contacted him, he immediately got very cranky and requested that I just go away. "It is what it is" he said.
I contacted Lynn Apperson, (THE CO-CONSPIRITOR) KV7L. Lynn said, I don't know why Joe said it was three years old, he knew it was an old amp. Lynn also promised a partial refund, but I would have to wait until the first of the next month. The first of the month came and went, NOTHING. I called him back several weeks later. He was very sorry, but he lost my address and call sign. I gave it to him again and was told I must wait again until the first of the NEXT month. I reminded him I had just given him $2,000.00 for the amp. He said "I spent it already". The first of the next month came and went, again still nothing. Just a pair of scammers. Now I'm stuck with an old, partially functional amplifier, that I have no recourse on. They sounded like a pair of "good old boys" on the phone, but that was not the case. Watch these two!
Last edited by LVPD90 on Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kf7hpt

Re: PAIR OF SCAMMERS KF7HPT and KV7L

Post by kf7hpt »

the guy is full of crap the amp was new old stock!!!ii was the middle man he got a hold of the seller thier arrangment had nothing to do with me the guy was trying to get something for nothing.i would not deal with him.i recieved no money or any thing else from him or any one else.never had the amp just posted the add.
LVPD90

Post by LVPD90 »

I knew he would post some BS. Please look at the ad. I posted the ad because KF7HPT "Joe" said he would try and make me look like a fool if I pursued the bad transaction. You read the ad and draw your own conclusions. I will post his Emails and show where he promised a reimbursement of monies which I never got. That's coming up next if he replies with another fabrication.
kf7hpt

Post by kf7hpt »

read the add the the guy told me amp worked as should i had no ideal of the age of the amp if he was so disatifed with the amp why did only want a $100.00 refund.i only placed the add i did not sell him the amp.he was in contact with the seller.he tried to blackmail me in to give him $100.00 saying he was going to post a bad review of me on this forum.this guy is a rip off artist.again he sent me no money nor did i recieve any money.he and the seller where in contact.again do not do any deals i am not the first person he has tried to rip off
LVPD90

Post by LVPD90 »

I have to assume you have read "Joe's" posting. The words "new" "just out of the box" "only checked out etc". Nothing about "old stock". What a perfect catch 22 these two concocted. Joe says you can't blame him, he was selling it for Lynn. Lynn says you can't blame me, Joe wrote the ad. I had NEVER been in contact with the seller. Joe handled everything. When I wanted a partial refund, that's when Joe gave me the seller's phone number. They refuse to take the amp. back. Both say they will make a partial refund, but both say they have no money right now. Then, Joe decides it's black mail. Isn't that what's PayPal is all about, if you don't get what you pay for, you get your money back or at least a settlement. Why did I decide on 100.00? Well they both say they're broke. It's not the 100.00, it's the scam that really bothers me. I paid 2,000.00 for this "NEW" amp. which is 14 years old. I will sell it for 1600.00 and offer "free" shipping to any ham that wants it, right now. I will even do PayPal and pay the fees. Then I will buy a new AL-800H which is what I thought I was buying in the first place. (or near new) That's taking a 500.00 loss. I'm only trying to make hams aware of these two scammers. Post me here if you are interested in the amp. and I'll give you my Email address. Thanks. Bob