Beware Charles Clements K6CMC

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N0EE

Beware Charles Clements K6CMC

Post by N0EE »

Or whomever this may be. He doesn't play well with others. I paid him on July 4th for an item, and another person paid him on July 2nd for an item. Neither of us has yet to receive what we paid for. :x
N5QQ

Re: Beware Charles Clements K6CMC

Post by N5QQ »

Same here. I paid Charles Clements (K6CMC)for a 'parts rig' on 7/3/14 and yet to receive anything.

His account shows up as WIRELESS IP SVCS within the PAYPAL transaction details.

Have had multiple emails with him on why UPS didn't have the package even though tracking numbers have been issued, etc. And then started receiving notices from UPS that the shipment had been delayed. Upon challenging UPS they said the SHIPPER had requested FUTURE DELIVERY DATES, hence the long expected delivery. But UPS noted, the package had NOT been passed to UPS as of today. It was all done as an on-line shipment order PENDING hand-off to UPS.
N0EE

Post by N0EE »

That's makes 3 of us now. Here's my latest result from UPS Tracking: "07/17/2014 1:00 A.M. The sender requested a modified intercept for this package. / Package could not be located for intercept." I have no idea what's going on. UPS told me on the phone that they "do not have the package".
N5QQ

Post by N5QQ »

Again, exactly same UPS alerts at my end. I suspect he is trying to keep us 'hooked' by delaying shipment till it gets past PayPal's claim period.
N0EE

Post by N0EE »

Go ahead and file a PayPal claim now. Call them directly, tell them that you suspect fraud and they will elevate your claim to the next level, no waiting period to get to that point.
kf5ddw

Post by kf5ddw »

Same routine with me. I paid him on 4 July and he had a label w/tracking number estabilished on 10 July. I was able to speak with a live operator at UPS today and was told the package has not yet been submitted to them for shipping. Paypal is to be contacted as this is being typed. I looked his address up on maps and it is a industrial park. Looks like we have been scammed. Not sure how Paypal will handle this, hopefully all will end well. Feel free to contact me for any information at my email address for any information we can share.
xcalibr8

Post by xcalibr8 »

Another victim here too. Same exact story to the letter. He needs to go to jail. this is plain and simple fraud. And since he is using the mail service for this as well, doesnt that make it a federal felony? I dont know but I know he is a worthless piece of crap. Justice will be done, sooner or later. Karma or whatever u wanna call it. but if u bought from him, file a claim now. You will never see your money or merchandise if you dont file before the deadline with paypal. i think it is 45 days but dont delay.

Dave
KG4FBY
BTW, these people are supposed to be reported in the "scammer report" category. But just do a search for his call sign and u will see several complaints about him.
N0EE

Post by N0EE »

If you paid by PayPal file a claim immediately.
N0EE

Post by N0EE »

According to PayPal, his phone number is 951 729 0504.
N5QQ

Post by N5QQ »

PayPal resolved mine quickly this morning, stating that the seller (aka K6CMC) agreed to REFUND my money. DUH!
My thanks to PayPal.
K4MSG

Post by K4MSG »

Greetings! K6CMC is not a scammer, he is a FRAUD!! I found a "Scammer Alert" from someone who bought the exact item I did, only 6 days earlier. I have filed a claim with Paypal and will be providing them with copies of the posting from the individual who bought and paid for the same item I did. In addition, I have alerted the webmaster on eHam (where K6CMC has been listing the exact same items) about the situation. I would alert the webmaster at QTH.com but as of this evening the ad I responded to has disappeared so I cannot reference the ad number.

I am also pursuing other avenues for alerting Federal law enforcement of the perpetration of Internet fraud which this individual has been engaged in. FYI, K6CMC is a real person and is listed in the FCC ULS database using the exact same name and address as on QRZ.com and other callsign databases. Whether or not someone else has "appropriated" this identity using a phoney email address is unknown but is a possibility; if so, the perpetrator has "edited" QRZ.com to show the same email address AND I HAVE SEEN THIS DONE BEFORE!

Good luck to anyone else who is having problems with this person.
xcalibr8

Post by xcalibr8 »

yea, i filed a claim as soon as I saw all the other people that had been victims of this low life. Nothing back from paypal yet.
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

FYI

He will likely be banned off the other swap boards if the word gets out. Look for him to pop up somewhere else..
K4MSG

Post by K4MSG »

Paypal notified me on Saturday that they are awaiting a response from the seller, and they allow some period of time for that to happen; I believe it's 10 days from the time they contact him. Has anyone who has filed a Paypal claim received their purchase from the seller, or a a refund from Paypal? Just curious........ FYI, I went through this same drill with another fraudster late in 2013, and eventually got a full refund ($450.00) from Paypal after the "seller" refused to respond to Paypals inquiries.
KG7MXA

Post by KG7MXA »

It makes me crazy that PayPal would say they need to give him a chance to respond when I just gave them this URL to show that 15 others have been scammed by the guy, at least three having purchased the same item. Why give potting soil like him a chance to respond?

Here's a very strange thing about all of this. I'm a brand new ham, so I have a lot of questions for anyone willing to answer. I asked him about power supplies and he responded with what seemed to be good information (though how would I know). Had a few bits of advice about antennas, too. Seemed like a very friendly guy, and he answered my questions for a few days after I sent the money. Is that typical of frauds at all? Seems like it wouldn't be. But his address turns out to be an industrial park, so that sounds like someone with experience. Sad to say this is definitely a ham doing this. I'll get the feathers, if y'all wanna mix up a batch of tar.

OH, and the IP address from which he posted his ads on eHam.net is part of a range owned by one individual, information unavailable. For that person there was a different address, equally bogus. Middle of construction.

I would be very curious to know how many of us "bought" the same Icom 737 and Icom SM-20 mic. I know of at least one other here that did.
K4MSG

Post by K4MSG »

KG7MXA - Sorry that you've seen the seamy side of ham on-line sales transactions so soon. Yes, the guy is very knowledgeable. A lot of them are, and that's what makes it difficult to spot them before you buy. As far as his location being an indusrial park - I'm not so sure that it isn't an apartment complex. The reason is that the FCC ULS database shows exactly the same address (and name, for that matter) and the "scammers" can't "fake" that.....they can mess with QRZ and change to bogus info (like making the email address of an unsuspecting ham match *their* email address as they pretend to be him) but I doubt these small-time scammers would spend time trying to hack into the FCC database just for the few dollars they make re-selling the same ham gear over and over.

Good luck with your claim.............
K4MSG

Post by K4MSG »

OK, just got notification that Paypal has decided in my favor and resolved my claim by posting the payment back to my credit card. In this case it took less than Paypal's normal 10 days to resolve, and I suspect that it's because they were handling prior claims against the same seller and noticed the "sameness" of the seller's ID.

Anyone else get a favorable Paypal resolution from their dealings with this guy? Remember that you may need to elevate it from a "dispute" to a "claim" to actually get a refund. Good luck!
n5wj

Post by n5wj »

I was lucky too with Paypal.. I got an email the other day saying K6CMC had agreed to refund my money... Not sure how that really went down but the funds have been deposited to my account... I guess there were so many claims against this guy Paypal just decided to rule in the people that got scammed by him quickly... I bought the same IC-737 and SM-20 that a bunch of guys did ... It was ashame because I was buying it for my Nephew who had just got his General Ticket and I promised him his first radio and this happens.. Didn't make hams look good but I quickly explained to him that this is the first time something like this has ever happened to me.. It was a shock to me too.. Live and learn I guess I am now much more careful and a little less than easy when it comes to these transactions... I got him a nice FT-450 on another deal that went fine... So all is well .. Hope this guy gets what he deserves and he should lose his license if he really has one...

Frank... N5WJ