KB9SI FAILURE TO DISCLOSE

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N5WHT

KB9SI FAILURE TO DISCLOSE

Post by N5WHT »

I answered an ad on QTH that KB9SI had posted for a DRAKE R4B RECEIVER,the ad stated that he had "PLUGGED IN THE RECEIVER AND THE TUBES LIT UP,BUT DIIDN'T TEST ANY FURTHER". He never disclosed what the results were when he plugged in the receiver.Being a ham operator,wouldn't you a least plug in an antenna to see if it worked? He was very vague in his description,and i can see why,the receiver did not work.I had to do a lot of work on it to get it operational.I did buy it "AS IS",AND I accept that,be just beware of people that are giving you only part of the real story.
localjunkpeddler

Re: KB9SI FAILURE TO DISCLOSE

Post by localjunkpeddler »

Red Dog or whatever your call is:
It seems to me that, maybe, to the best of his knowledge, he did give give you the real story. We all may not be as technically talented as you. You simply bought an "as is rig."
To be fair, you cannot even imply that KB9SI deliberately failed to disclose anything
Get over it ..73..My 2 cents worth
de Lee K4LJP
"Always drink upstream of the herd"
K4ICL

"PLUGGED IN THE RECEIVER AND THE TUBES LIT UP,BUT DIDN'T TE

Post by K4ICL »

Read the sellers description again. Basically he said he plugged in it and all the tubes lit up and HE DID NO MORE FURTHER TESTS.

This is one notch above above "NOT TESTED YOU GET IT AS IT IS." How big is the notch? Not too much but a little new Information that none of the tubes are dead. Also that the filament circuits are working and the on-off power switch is working.

This boils down to "NOT TESTED except discovered that the tubes light up".

From your description, you got just what was advertised. If you wanted to know more about the radio's condition or serviceability YOU are the party responsible for asking the right questions. Don't blame the seller because you did not do a good job of investigating the true condition of the radio.

Nuff Said...

K4ICL