NN7EE--Jeff Bird-strange puppy...

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
ve2xb

NN7EE--Jeff Bird-strange puppy...

Post by ve2xb »

I had a bizarro experience with Jeff, NN7EE. He had some older gear for sale that I was very interested in and I shared that I had some bad trades recently and got burned to the tune of 1500 bux. I asked him to test the gear on the air to make sure all was aok with no issues.
We agreed on a price and he sent me pix of the rig with pwr readings but not once some feedback or info about having the rig on the air making some QSOs to get an audio check and to test the rcvr with an antenna connected to it.
I kept insisting on this as my elmer said to do this just to be sure and that there are no surprises when the package arrives. I do not think this was unreasonable, does anyone else?
Well, I sent him the money we agreed on and threw in a caveat that I was trusting his word and that if the radio was not working on the air when received that I would send it back for a refund since he would not actually make a QSO, (and I do not know why?) as he never explained this to me.I paid with paypal and then noticed a bit later that he refunded my money?!
Can anyone make sense of this or does it seem that I was unreasonable?
Left a bad taste in my mouth and felt weird.
73, dx, tnx
Mike, ve2xb