Heil Hospital

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W3RXO

Heil Hospital

Post by W3RXO »

For several years, I have had a Heil "The Fin" microphone. For the past 4, or more years, it sat, idle, in the protective box, that it came in. It had been in good condition, physically and electrically, when stored.
I recently moved, and in setting up the new shack, I decided to go back to this microphone. When I connected it up, to my Behringer Xenyx 802, I found that the blue L.E.D.'s no longer lit up. I checked the phantom voltage, from the board, and it was adequate. So, I emailed Heil. I got an unexpected personal response, from Bob Heil, himself, and we determined that it needed to go in, for service.
I mailed it, Wednesday, last week, and Wednesday, this week, it is back in my shack. They did an outstanding service on it, even replacing the blue foam, behind the screen. It was cleaned and polished as though it were new. In fact, it looked like a new Fin, in my old box.
The cost of the repair was extremely reasonable, and very quick turnaround time, made me a very happy customer of Heil Sound.
Thanks Bob. You are a class act!!! You definitely know, how to provide excellent customer service.

de W3RXO/5
If you don't love it leave it. Let this...be your warning, when you're running down my country man, you're walking on the fighting side of me.
Merle Haggard