N7HKE Mr. Kevin Steward - Beware!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
LZ1RGD

Post by LZ1RGD »

I agreed to buy from Mr. Steward an YEASU FT-100D radio in a non-working order at his price shipped via Global Express Mail / 3-5 days/. I've sent the money using Western Union on the 12.22.2004 and received nothing. Hi said only: "I cant for the life of me find the paper work, tracking number, etc...I misplaced it somewhere, but I assure you the radio is on its way".
I've sent a dozen of notes asking him to go to the post office and get a duplicate of the document hi've lost but for the last 3 weeks I had no reply.
Can any one help me?
Thanks Guys, Rosen D. - LZ1RGD, Sofia, Bulgaria
kk9a

Post by kk9a »

You must be very unlucky. You recently made a similar post about buying and never receiving a non working Icom IC-2700 from KC2HXB.
LZ1RGD

Post by LZ1RGD »

Actualy I am happy that the honest people, like us are still more than the dishonest ones.
LZ1RGD

Post by LZ1RGD »

As soon as the post office finishes their search for my radio I will send you the payment. It shouldn’t be much longer.
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 2:09 AM
To: kevin
Subject: RE: QTH.COM Ad -- WTB IC-706, FT-100, FT-81...

Kevin,
I hope you are fine. I have to send payment for another radio.
Please inform me when exactly you will send the 254 USD to me.
Thank you a lot.
73's
Rosen D.
-------Original Message-------
Date: 02/14/05 21:16:48
To: 'Rosen Dimitrov'

Rosen,
I will get that out to you and send you the control number

Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2005 12:53 PM
To: kevin

Kevin,
I can not use US postal money order as there is no US Post Office in Bulgaria
The only way that I am using is Western Union and had no problems so far.
Thank you a lot.
Date: 02/10/05 18:25:51
To: 'Rosen Dimitrov'

Can you cash a US postal money order if I send you one? Or how do you prefer a refund?

Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2005 1:53 AM
To: n7hke@comcast.net

Hello Kevin,
the radio not arrived yet.
Thanks.
Rosen
Date: 02/02/05 22:26:01
To: Rosen Dimitrov

Its been about 5 weeks then. If you do not have it in one more week let me know.
Thank you
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The promises you have seen comes after a long negotiations and justifications. Since the last, that was made, his mail doesn't receive any longer my letters and I have no contact with this person.
Can anyone help me?
Thank you a lot.
73's and GOD BLESS!!!
Rosen D. - LZ1RGD