KE4IZA Beware!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
K6CVC

KE4IZA Beware!

Post by K6CVC »

Sent him a $500 postal money order in October for FT-897D. Never received radio, no proof of mailing, no insurance, no nothing except $500 Lighter in the wallet.
Chuck Costa
K6CVC
Licensed Since 1968 Formerly WN6IVC & WA6EZM
N2PET

He Must have had 2!

Post by N2PET »

Hello, just for your info this guy has posted this radio again for sale ad# 449447 Same Guy?? BUYERS BEWARE!! Ad posted today 1/12/05.
N2PET

ke4iza

Post by N2PET »

And now I see that just a couple of hours later on this same date, the ad has now MAGICALLY vanished!! Trust me it was there, anyone else happen to see it today??
K6CVC

Oh yes I saw it.

Post by K6CVC »

Oh yes he is at it again.
Chuck Costa
K6CVC
W4WQ

Post by W4WQ »

I agree on this person...but my loss was much less. I sold him an amplifier and he must have sent me at least 30 emails in the couple of days from when he sent payment and I shipped it. Each email was asking for extra packaging, change shipping carriers, ship next day, etc... just a real PIA. In the end, he asked that I ship a particular way that would cost me extra $$$, promising that he would reimburse me for the additional $$$ out of my pocket. I accommodated him and he then refused additional payment. That was more than a year ago and he still refuses to even answer my emails.

This guy is a real loser...avoid dealing with him.
Samuel S. Yates
A.R.S. W4WQ
Culpeper, VA
K6CVC

Correction

Post by K6CVC »

The radio he sold me was an FT-857D & Seperation Kit not an 897D as I had originally posted. Sorry for the confussion.

Doesn't matter, still no radio, still no proof he ever mailed it, no proof he ever owned it. I do have proof he cashed the Postal Money Order. Postal Inspector have the case.
Chuck Costa
K6CVC
authorized user

I am no scammer

Post by authorized user »

To all in this forum

I contacted Chuck Costa (K6CVC) and advised him that his post that I sold him an FT-897D was in error which he initally denied being an error. I suggested Chuck Costa verify his facts. As all can see by the revised post by Chuck Costa and error was made. Yes I was attempting to sell my current radio, an FT-897, but after getting a few rediculous offers, I deleted the ad and decided to keep the radio. I am not selling the same radio over and over as Chuck Costa implied by his post, "Oh yes he is at it again". I have sold radios, mics, tuners, amplifiers ect over the last couple years with no complaints. Chuck Costa is an isolated incident. I have scammed nobody. My only error was possibly a lack of good judgement in not placing insurance on the lost package.

Jim - KE4IZA
W9SIX

Post by W9SIX »

FWIW, I have bought from Chuck, K6CVC and found him to be honest and trustworthy as I've posted in another thread. Chuck has been around the swap boards for quite a long time too. Matt W9SIX
K4ICL

What is the rest of the story?

Post by K4ICL »

KE4IZA:

You said: “Chuck Costa is an isolated incident. I have scammed nobody. My only error was possibly a lack of good judgement in not placing insurance on the lost package.”

Are we to understand that you neglected to insure the package that it was supposed to be delivered to K6CVC but it was lost by the shipper? Was it lost to K6CVC because it wasn't insured by you? If yes, don't you owe K6CVC a full refund for ALL out-of-pocket costs he incurred because you did not deliver? Isn’t the loss really your’s, not his. What is the rest of the story?

K4ICL
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

I agree with K4ICL.

** Buyer send Money Order. Seller Receives Money Order

** Seller sends Radio. Buyer does NOT receive radio.

Do you see the problem? I do. Buyer has done his part, but seller has not (or so it seems since radio has not arrived).

For all that are reading.... for Pete's sake... spend a few extra bucks and send items with insurance and tracking numbers. This could have all been avoided.

73 - Scott KA9FOX
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads: https://swap.QTH.com
K6CVC

Falls on Deaf Ears!

Post by K6CVC »

Well it's been 45 days since the Postal Inspectors have been notified and no reponse. Thanks to all those who support smart trading.
Chuck Costa
K6CVC
k9uzz

Post by k9uzz »

Any one that would ship a Radio threw the USpostal service neads there head examind any way they are about the worst shipper and umposible to collect on there insurance
My Name is Herbie James
N8BX

Post by N8BX »

This guy is getting a lot of bad press these days. Lately he's got a negative post from WQ0A and now I had to put one up. We need to watch out for dudes like this and make sure they know QTH.com as well as all other Ham sites are off limits to people with bad morrals.

A good rule is to always check the QTH.com feedback foru, before sending money. I learned that the hard way.

73, N8BX